Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi REHABMAN,
i've been using MaciASL for my asus board, i have a Probook 4530s and i've been following you since then. Can you make a repo url for MaciASL so we can(Probook users) can make own dsdt please.
MaciASL is a great software:headbang:

I entered the url mentioned in the page and i can see now Probook 4x30s, is it the one i should pick to update my old dsdt that is for F07 bios!

I entered the url mentioned in the page and i can see now Probook 4x30s, is it the one i should pick to update my old dsdt that is for F07 bios!

Read the article. F.07 BIOS is pretty old. You should consider updating to the latest (F.40).

i will update if you say so, i will read the article and see what i can do and will reply
thank you for the fast reply

i will update if you say so, i will read the article and see what i can do and will reply
thank you for the fast reply

I should also mention that the ProBook Installer v6.1 has a built-in DSDT patcher. All you really need to do is remove your current /Extra/dsdt.aml, reboot, run the ProBook Installer v6.1 selecting the DSDT options, and it will create a DSDT and install it to /Extra/dsdt.aml for you.

i ran probook installer 6.1 b9 as you instructed, dsdt did not generate and i was trying and trying but dsdt did not generate. lucky me i had dsdt as backup, i restored it in extra folder and every thing is back to normal.
The installer did not make any diff for me, im still at bios F07 and im realy affraid to update bios but the installer will not generate dsdt.
Thank you for your help.

EDIT: i think that philip did forget to include the dsdt files in 6.1 b9 installer.

i ran probook installer 6.1 b9 as you instructed, dsdt did not generate and i was trying and trying but dsdt did not generate. lucky me i had dsdt as backup,

As usual, make sure you read the instructions. You will not get a DSDT unless you select one option from each of the first three groups. In addition, if you have Atheros 9285 WiFi (likely w/ 4530s), you need to select the last "optional" item.

i restored it in extra folder and every thing is back to normal.
The installer did not make any diff for me, im still at bios F07 and im realy affraid to update bios but the installer will not generate dsdt.
Thank you for your help.

It will if you use it correctly.

EDIT: i think that philip did forget to include the dsdt files in 6.1 b9 installer.

No he didn't. You forgot to read/follow the instructions.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but when there are instructions written down in multiple places, and people are in too much of a hurry to read them, it bothers me a bit...

BTW, if you did follow all instructions, and still no DSDT in /Extra/dsdt.aml, please compress/post your /var/log/install.log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back