Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Regular Crash/Freeze of FinalCutPro with RX580 on Mojave (DumpGUPRestarts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus TUF Z390M-PRO Gaming (Wi-Fi)
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi there

I am experiencing frequent freezes working with Final Cut Pro:
the entire system still reacts but is almost impossible to use as everything is in slow motion
It started to occur more frequently the bigger the final cut project was getting.
What i've found out since posting that there's no crash if I change the setting in fincal cut to using proxy media.. Does that mean it's putting less load on the GPU?

The console is throwing DumpGUPRestarts messages
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.DumpGPURestart): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.

I am on Clover revision: 4972 using iMacPro1,1 in my clover config plist with the following kexts
plus worth mentioning I have disabled internal CPU in bios, enabling it causes freezes without even using Final Cut.

WhateverGreen: 1.2.8
Lilu: 1.3.5

Anyone experienced a similar issue or could point me in to a direction?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
i7-9700K and RX 580 work very well in FCPX, provided iGPU is running. In hardware identification, give iMac 19.1

Absolutely happy with the 19,1 SMBIOs and iGPU enabled! FXPX is flying with a much better RX580 utilisation than ever! YAY! so happy...plus no more crashes...

For those of you that are stuck on imacpro1,1 smbios... a workaround is to create proxy media in FCPX...reduced the crashes for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back