ASRock Z270 fatality professional gaming - BIOS 2.3
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi,

If we would refresh, and I can certainly help with that, the section « the basics » it would certainly help people.
For example,

- there are some guides like where are located the kext which is not up to date anymore
- we didn’t think about putting in it the fact that you need to refresh the cache of kext and explain why
- the use of acronym is not helping like SSDT? DSDT ? especially in the basics you should always at least put the longest version and why note an explanation with it or at least a link to a documentation ressource.
- the boot flags are not up to date
- it has never been explained if the boot flags was a persistent thing like some files are being modified or if they really are just flags and so disappear after one reboot
- it has never been explained the differences between the boot option section and the option section of cloverfield
- how to update best clover since it seems that really often the automatic process of updating clover through the configurator mess things up
- some basics command in the shell like changing the key map for example and some basics command, you always need to search the abyss to look for a basic answer like that.

In the ressources to download:
- there are more and more files that are lost in the abyss of this forum and who are not directly linked or hosted in the download section.
And the search tool is not always helping with that. We can cite files like smalltree-i211 or aquantia kext

We could imagine also a section where some id flags or very technical settings which you can modify in clover options are explained and maybe maintained up to date for some hardware examples.

That’s are some ideas I got from my différent crashes and kernel panic in hackingtosh

I'd be down for helping and updating.

We could imagine also a section where some id flags or very technical settings which you can modify in clover options are explained and maybe maintained up to date for some hardware examples.

That will fall under Clover as it is a 3rd party from tonymacx86.com
We can certainly make our own guide though.

In the ressources to download:
- there are more and more files that are lost in the abyss of this forum and who are not directly linked or hosted in the download section.

I can agree and disagree as the Search tool comes in handy if you know exactly what you are looking for. Although there are a lot of files left in the dark.

Curious/\/\ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back