NVidia 9600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I work in a IT department at my college, and we use this to boot out Bootcamped Macs. I was curious if anyone has used this in a hackintosh setting, or even if it is possible, as I would like to find an easier way to boot between my two systems. As far as installation goes, I know you have to have all the OS's you plan on using installed before to installing rEFId. I most recently finally got my build stable, and am willing to take a look at it when I have time, but I don't know if I am stepping into uncharted territory. Here is the rEFId website: http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/

I work in a IT department at my college, and we use this to boot out Bootcamped Macs. I was curious if anyone has used this in a hackintosh setting, or even if it is possible, as I would like to find an easier way to boot between my two systems. As far as installation goes, I know you have to have all the OS's you plan on using installed before to installing rEFId. I most recently finally got my build stable, and am willing to take a look at it when I have time, but I don't know if I am stepping into uncharted territory. Here is the rEFId website: http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/

Have you looked at Chimera?

Yes, I am using Chimera 2.0.1, and I am unable to boot to my Windows hard drive. I have a 60 GB SSD that holds the OS X operating system and have my Windows installed on a 2 TB hard drive, that is partitioned into 2 parts. The first part is 1.5 TB, and holds data for Mac, and the second 500 GB holds Windows. I know, not the most ideal set up, I do plan on adding more hard drives later, but don't have the money at the moment. When I boot up my Hackintosh, the only option to boot into is OS X. So what I have been doing is holding F12 to choose the target boot in BIOS.

I am having a new issue, when I have my OS X hard drive plugged in, I can't boot into Windows. But once I pull the power cable on the OS X drive, I can boot into Windows. I am still not seeing Windows show up in my Chimera menu.

did you install windows in uefi mode? if so, thats the reason why chameleon/chimera cant see the windows partition.

you can use Clover bootloader to boot both windows uefi and osx. its based on/uses parts of rEFIt.
there are massive threads about clover on insanelymac and projectosx forums.
there is also a section on clover on this forum, but the above two forums have more info on it.

did you install windows in uefi mode? if so, thats the reason why chameleon/chimera cant see the windows partition.

You know, I think I did. It was only a small annoyance until yesterday. I will try clover tonight or tomorrow when I have some free time. Is there any special way to uninstall Chameleon?

I can not get it installed it works great with the boot disk (cd)

but after I install it on mac or linux or windows I never get the boot screen like the boot cd

here are the commands I use in mac

after I mount the esp partition

sudo bless --mount /Volumes/efi --setBoot --file /Volumes/efi/efi/refind/refind_x64.efi

I can not get it installed it works great with the boot disk (cd)

but after I install it on mac or linux or windows I never get the boot screen like the boot cd

here are the commands I use in mac

after I mount the esp partition

sudo bless --mount /Volumes/efi --setBoot --file /Volumes/efi/efi/refind/refind_x64.efi

rEFInd / rEFIt do not work on a PC-Mac - only on "real" Macs.

On PC-Mac use Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back