NVidia 9600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I work in a IT department at my college, and we use this to boot out Bootcamped Macs. I was curious if anyone has used this in a hackintosh setting, or even if it is possible, as I would like to find an easier way to boot between my two systems. As far as installation goes, I know you have to have all the OS's you plan on using installed before to installing rEFId. I most recently finally got my build stable, and am willing to take a look at it when I have time, but I don't know if I am stepping into uncharted territory. Here is the rEFId website: http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/

beelzebozo

Super Moderator
Motherboard
ASUS z170-Deluxe
CPU
i7 - 6700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I work in a IT department at my college, and we use this to boot out Bootcamped Macs. I was curious if anyone has used this in a hackintosh setting, or even if it is possible, as I would like to find an easier way to boot between my two systems. As far as installation goes, I know you have to have all the OS's you plan on using installed before to installing rEFId. I most recently finally got my build stable, and am willing to take a look at it when I have time, but I don't know if I am stepping into uncharted territory. Here is the rEFId website: http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/

Have you looked at Chimera?

Motherboard
MacBook Pro
CPU
3.66 Intel Core 2 Duo
Graphics
NVidia 9600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Yes, I am using Chimera 2.0.1, and I am unable to boot to my Windows hard drive. I have a 60 GB SSD that holds the OS X operating system and have my Windows installed on a 2 TB hard drive, that is partitioned into 2 parts. The first part is 1.5 TB, and holds data for Mac, and the second 500 GB holds Windows. I know, not the most ideal set up, I do plan on adding more hard drives later, but don't have the money at the moment. When I boot up my Hackintosh, the only option to boot into is OS X. So what I have been doing is holding F12 to choose the target boot in BIOS.

Motherboard
MacBook Pro
CPU
3.66 Intel Core 2 Duo
Graphics
NVidia 9600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am having a new issue, when I have my OS X hard drive plugged in, I can't boot into Windows. But once I pull the power cable on the OS X drive, I can boot into Windows. I am still not seeing Windows show up in my Chimera menu.

Motherboard
MSI Z97i Gaming ACK
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 670
did you install windows in uefi mode? if so, thats the reason why chameleon/chimera cant see the windows partition.

you can use Clover bootloader to boot both windows uefi and osx. its based on/uses parts of rEFIt.
there are massive threads about clover on insanelymac and projectosx forums.
there is also a section on clover on this forum, but the above two forums have more info on it.

Motherboard
MacBook Pro
CPU
3.66 Intel Core 2 Duo
Graphics
NVidia 9600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
did you install windows in uefi mode? if so, thats the reason why chameleon/chimera cant see the windows partition.

You know, I think I did. It was only a small annoyance until yesterday. I will try clover tonight or tomorrow when I have some free time. Is there any special way to uninstall Chameleon?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H
CPU
i5-3340S
Graphics
HD 2500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I can not get it installed it works great with the boot disk (cd)

but after I install it on mac or linux or windows I never get the boot screen like the boot cd

here are the commands I use in mac

after I mount the esp partition

sudo bless --mount /Volumes/efi --setBoot --file /Volumes/efi/efi/refind/refind_x64.efi

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I can not get it installed it works great with the boot disk (cd)

but after I install it on mac or linux or windows I never get the boot screen like the boot cd

here are the commands I use in mac

after I mount the esp partition

sudo bless --mount /Volumes/efi --setBoot --file /Volumes/efi/efi/refind/refind_x64.efi

rEFInd / rEFIt do not work on a PC-Mac - only on "real" Macs.

On PC-Mac use Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.