CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What is the best way to setup a disaster recovery scenario?

I used to clone my boot drive to another partition on another drive and I used to be able to boot to it under ML but since Mavericks I have not been able to boot to it and I don't know why.

Today I had an issue where my system wouldn't boot, fortunately I was able to boot into safe mode but after I reapplied all my settings using Multibeast 6.0 it still wouldn't boot.

What do you use and why? How well does it work?

What is the best way to setup a disaster recovery scenario?

I used to clone my boot drive to another partition on another drive and I used to be able to boot to it under ML but since Mavericks I have not been able to boot to it and I don't know why.

Today I had an issue where my system wouldn't boot, fortunately I was able to boot into safe mode but after I reapplied all my settings using Multibeast 6.0 it still wouldn't boot.

What do you use and why? How well does it work?
FWIW, in case this is still an issue for you, as a Mac guy I have always had multiple bootable drives. Long before Apple started putting a Recovery HD partition on their drives, I was keeping at least one other bootable drive in my tower Macs.

I typically have different OS versions on each, in case something requires an older version.

On my first Hackintosh, I have three bootable drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back