Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Searched previous to posting and couldn't find anything on this?

Just wondering if it's possible to Install mountain lion with the recovery partition on a hack? I installed no problem, but seems the partition did not install or I overlooked the option? Any thoughts on this?

Robert

Searched previous to posting and couldn't find anything on this?

Just wondering if it's possible to Install mountain lion with the recovery partition on a hack? I installed no problem, but seems the partition did not install or I overlooked the option? Any thoughts on this?

Robert

So far as I know, recovery partitions do not work with a Hackintosh because they depend on a link to Apple servers - this is where the recovery files actually exist and the link, IIRC, is in the EFI chip on the Mac mainboard with the other system info.

Just did some looking and this might have your answer if the Apple server will accept your Hackintosh's credentials - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1433

I would read carefully before I attempted it.

What about installing the OS with Colver EFI ?

ablyes et All -

From the link the GB posted this makes me think that hacks will be chasing their tails so to speak -

"Note: In order to create an external OS X Recovery using the OS X Recovery Assistant, the Mac must have an existing Recovery HD."

As Hacks don't have the recovery partition HD or software embedded we can't get started with this - to bypass this we should use
Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper and dupe the boot partition to another drive or drive partition.

Just My 2 cents. Or as I say "Life with Hacks never a dull moment."

If you install ML using Clover it will create a working recovery partition, although it never gets updated. If the recovery version is 10.8.2 for example and you update to 10.8.3, 10.8.2 still exist in recovery so it becomes kinda useless.

I much prefer maintaining a "Clone" drive with CCC.

I much prefer maintaining a "Clone" drive with CCC.

can you guys elaborate?

I have a second hard drive in my probook. Are you saying that all i need to do is CCC my boot partition (or is it my osx partition) to the other drive and 'bam' find my mac works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back