Contribute
Register

Recovery HD partition with El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works perfectly on Sierra mobo ga z170x ultragaming. Wifi,eth,help. One question: could you help me fo find my Mac disable every boot?

Works perfectly on Sierra mobo ga z170x ultragaming. Wifi,eth,help. One question: could you help me fo find my Mac disable every boot?
Update. Find my mac works too, I don't lost in boot ... after bios upgrade.

Solved view post #23

So.... I have a "Vanilla" install (i.e., no Mult/Unibeast) and all of .kext files are in the /EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder... I just tried to boot into recovery before doing anything and it worked fine. I'm assuming this is a side-effect of the vanilla install - and I can use it like normal?

I just tried to boot into recovery before doing anything and it worked fine. I'm assuming this is a side-effect of the vanilla install - and I can use it like normal?
Yes you can use it like normal :thumbup:

Finally! I had the same problem on El Capitan (yes, I'm upgrading now, but I wanted to have a complete El Cap system, including the recovery partition, on a USB key before moving on) and Sierra. Deleting and recreating the partition using that famous script did nothing for me. There should be a sticky somewhere about the necessity of copying the prelinkedkernel (which I guess is prelinked to FakeSMC etc) in order for the recovery partition to function. This information should not be as obscure as it is.
Note that even after this the El Cap partition has an image verification error; this does not appear to affect functionality though.
Anyway, thanks OP! This was the last piece of the puzzle.

ED: In case anybody else is having "launchd exited with code" 1 or 255 when trying to boot from Recovery HD, not having a prelinked kernel may be the issue. It was for me.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Recovery Mounter .zip
    32 KB · Views: 147
Still works after all these years... works fine on 10.13.2 High Sierra. Tried diskutil and time machine, both appear to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back