Lenovo ThinkCentre M83
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
WX5100
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
After upgrade my 10.6.8 to Lion I saw that I haven`t got the "Recovery HD" partition, that is needed for "FileVault". :crazy:
How can I create new "Recovery HD" partition?

I saw that helpful link, but I don`t have "Recovery HD" to copy it. Lion install didn`t made such a partiton.
I think if somebody make a backup of recovery partition with "RecoveryDiskAssistant" and share it, we can restore it by DiskUtility to a new partition of our HDD. :think:

PS: I read carefully and made the partiiton as described in the upper link. Everything pass fine, the Recovery HD partiiton was created and updated. I Reboot and with no problem, log into the system. Then I enabled the FileVault and it ask for restart .. I reboot .. and now seems the whole partition is encripted, even boot, org.chameleon .. and ect and cant login ... :crazy:
I try this to my tester HDD so its not so painful, but I assume that "FileVault" is not for HACKINTOSHERS.

you can share me a recovery file that you copied from the mac pro. tôi s? test th? trên máy c?a tôi

thanks you

do we completely lose hope on filevault-hackintosh due to firmware not present ?

it doesnt look like it will be possible to encrypt the startup disk with lion's filevault on a customac ... but you can encrypt any additional hard drives ... i did it following these instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back