Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear all,

I had a Macbook pro, untill last week when somebody stole it from me in the campus...

lucky for me I had a external hard drive back up at home, now with the black friday coming up I will build a hackintosh as i can't afford another macbook pro right now (they even increased the prices with the new line up)

my build is taken from tonymacsx86 buyer's guide, and it will be featuring a 500 gigs ssd as I had a 500gigs laptop, and i used almost 420 gigs.

I watched several videos explaining how to install the unibeast and multibeast, but all of them skip the point restore from a time machine back up in the very beginning of the installation, is it for some reason?

will I be able to restore during the installation process? just if it was a new macbook pro that I bought from Apple store?

or shall I install the multibeast first, and then try to recover somehow from time machine if possible?

please help! I really need to have my data back, and building a hachintosh is my only option right now, please help me!

thanks in advance.

Dear all,

I had a Macbook pro, untill last week when somebody stole it from me in the campus...

lucky for me I had a external hard drive back up at home, now with the black friday coming up I will build a hackintosh as i can't afford another macbook pro right now (they even increased the prices with the new line up)

my build is taken from tonymacsx86 buyer's guide, and it will be featuring a 500 gigs ssd as I had a 500gigs laptop, and i used almost 420 gigs.

I watched several videos explaining how to install the unibeast and multibeast, but all of them skip the point restore from a time machine back up in the very beginning of the installation, is it for some reason?

will I be able to restore during the installation process? just if it was a new macbook pro that I bought from Apple store?

or shall I install the multibeast first, and then try to recover somehow from time machine if possible?

please help! I really need to have my data back, and building a hachintosh is my only option right now, please help me!

thanks in advance.

Ya know - a 1TB drive is pretty cheap - I'd look hard at that....

Focus on getting the machine up and running first. Once you are satisfied it's working fine, then use MIGRATION ASSISTANT to transfer over your old data. Getting that sucker running smoothly is the challenge, not the recovery.

Prop-Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back