Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well first off the reason I built a hackintosh is because my MacBooks motherboard failed and I didn't have the money to have it fixed. So I was wondering if I could just hook up my hdd to my hackintosh and transfer data or how would I do this I mainly just want the photos I had in iPhoto
I had mountain lion installed how can I go about this any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

If you have a time machine back up you can upload just those sorted files to your hack
or you can plug the Apple drive into your hack and boot into your hack OS and pull the pictures and files you need from the Apple drive to your hack drive. It is very easy to do and you shouldn't have any issues swapping files and what not about.

No time machine backup :( sso I can just plug in my apple drive and it'll show up and just transfer stuff???? I'm going to try if not the wifey is going to be devastate from now on I'm going to do time machine backups because I've lost to much in the past.

mr_z, yes you can. Remove and hook up your MBP's HD to your hackintosh. Run Migration Assistant on your hackintosh. If all is well, it should see your MBP user account and allow you to transfer your apps and documents.

PS: You don't need a Time Machine backup for this.

Thanks for that suggestion plugged in drive and was able tto transfer apps but when I try transfer my iPhoto album it gives me an error then I go into disk utility and it shows the drive red and says this drive has a hardware problem that can't be repairs backup as much of the data hopefully I will be able to

See if you can copy the iPhone album manually in Finder. Check Console for I/O Errors. Hopefully there are none.

I was able to successfully transfer my IPhoto album and apps with migration assistant thank you guys

That's great. Remember to backup your important stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back