Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N Wifi
CPU
i7-6600K
Graphics
HD 530
I'll be starting with the integrated graphics on the intel cpu, right now can't remember which CPU it was but the machine was spec'ed based on the buyer's guide on this site at the time. I don't have the machine setup with monitor, etc. at the moment.

So I'm confused, if I should just download mojave and install that, or if I'm better off starting out with Sierra or something else.

I'll need to ask someone help with getting a downloaded version, I assume, since I don't have one. So I'm trying to figure out for what version I should ask help in downloading. Once I get it running, I might buy a graphics card, but probably want to do some research and/or wait for things to be supported on mojave before I do that. I guess I can see if my apple id allows me to download anything from the apple store, but I don't have a mac at the moment, just an old ipod.

I'll be starting with the integrated graphics on the intel cpu, right now can't remember which CPU it was but the machine was spec'ed based on the buyer's guide on this site at the time. I don't have the machine setup with monitor, etc. at the moment.

So I'm confused, if I should just download mojave and install that, or if I'm better off starting out with Sierra or something else.

I'll need to ask someone help with getting a downloaded version, I assume, since I don't have one. So I'm trying to figure out for what version I should ask help in downloading. Once I get it running, I might buy a graphics card, but probably want to do some research and/or wait for things to be supported on mojave before I do that. I guess I can see if my apple id allows me to download anything from the apple store, but I don't have a mac at the moment, just an old ipod.

If your machine was built according to the Buyer's Guide at that time, then it is probably equipped with a 6th generation CPU (i3 / i5 / i7 6xxx), which means it should be compatible with El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave.

Personally I would try Sierra or High Sierra first, since it is what I am familiar with. But since it should be compatible with Mojave, you may as well try Mojave directly since that seems to be what you want.

You need access to a real Mac or working hackintosh to download the OS and make a bootable USB stick to use on your system.

Dear ETChipotle.

Is wifi, Intel HD Graphics, audio, bluetooth and ethernet working? I have the same board and a lot of problems to install Mojave or High Sierra

I have the GA Z170N Wifi board and in Sierra I had everything working except WiFi but in Mojave not much luck with setting up the on board 530 graphics, no HDMI sound output. Still working on solutions.

I will try Mojave this week.
Let's see what happens.

What happened to my installation:

I'm happy with the result, despite having some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back