Graphics
XFX R9 280
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone, sorry if I leave out any important details about the situation. This is my first post and first time reaching out for help in a hackintosh.

This is the first time I've made real progress with a hackintosh, since Yosemite was released and a bit of googling lead me to learn that Yosemite actually has support for my graphics card.

My PC build includes the following.
Mobo : Biostar T5 XE LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX
CPU : Intel i5-650 Clarkdale
GPU : XFX Radeon R9 280

I'm not sure if I should use multi-beast, or some other method for configuring the kexts. Like I said, I'm pretty new to all of this.
In past installations of Yosemite (installation via unibeast) it would boot into safe mode, and work well, but I tried multi-beast and must have installed a kext that didn't work or agree with the hardware, and during the next boot up I would get a freeze at the login screen. (infinite beach ball loading mouse). I've since re-installed my hackintosh.

Seeing as how I'm not too clear on what I'm doing, I thought I'd consult this forum to see if anyone can help me choose the correct multi-beast settings. Or do I even require multi-beast? Should I try installing with Clover? Are there any special settings specific to my motherboard or other hardware that I may have overlooked for my multi-beast installation?

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your graphics card. I have the same motherboard as you and apparently that is rare! I can't find anyone else, any online tutorial or any info on how to setup my hackintosh bios correctly. I know its compatible because I had it setup by a former student a few years ago and I actually upgraded it to Yosemite via clover. That was easy. BUT I destroyed the EFI partition, and damaged windows, and... and... ya well here I am asking for the BIOS configuration.

Can you send me pics of the Bios or just let me know what you have set? I'm getting an error every time I try to load off of 10.6.3 (SL) from iBoot :banghead:

BUT - your motherboard does work with Yosemite! I was experiencing some freeze ups - but Lord knows that might have been because I was crushing my EFI partition along with everything else on my SSD.

Thanks,
Mike

I used Clover just now and it was easy. But the rub is how to make the clover disk without a previous hack or a computer that doesn't have El Captain upgraded yet. Just follow the tutorials posted on the site for setting up a hack using clover for yosemite (it's the same with clover). READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY DO IT!!! ALSO READ THE IMESSAGE FIX FIRST!!! ENTIRELY!!! I spent a week of time rather than reading first. I am dumb. :crazy:

But your setup is pretty much mine. I have a GTS 450 Nvidia but with clover I think it won't matter. THere is is also a HDMI kext you can find for HDMI audio. Clover is super easy, but it takes a little getting used to. I knew nothing before getting my masters degree in frustration. Just follow tutorials. Use google to find the HDMI kext for audio if you need it, its a life saver. for some reason I don't know if I'll get emails here so feel free to just keep bugging me. Eventually I'll see it.

Hope it worked out for you.

FYI - the only thing left for me is to sync iMessage - end of ch. 3.3 in the fix iMessage section. May happen to you to. Only reason I tell ya. THere is no one with our setup brother - but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back