Contribute
Register

Recommended Installation/Post-Installation Method For My Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i5 4690K
Graphics
Radeon R9 280
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wish to install OS X Yosemite on my PC with the following hardware:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU: Intel i5 4690K
VIDEO: Radeon R9 280
RAM: 8GB
HDD: WD-Blue 1TB
WIFI: TP-Link TL-WDN3800 (I'm pretty sure) (I don't have ethernet)

I need video, wifi, and audio 100% working because I am going to use iMovie to edit videos (and I can't live w/o internet)

MY QUESTION: Should I use UniBeast/MultiBeast or should I use Clover (or is it even possible to get Yosemite working)?

If I use MultiBeast...
What configuration should I use?

If I use Clover...
How would this work?

Any help is greatly appreciated :clap::thumbup:

Do you recommend Clover for my build or Unibeast?

Depends on your skill level I guess.

The unibeast install is very simple and well tested. You can find many examples of users who have written step-by-step instructions.

Clover install's a bit experimental and many write-ups on this site (and elsewhere) are quite confusing. But once you understand how it all works (or should work), it's a superior method of installing than unibeast. Much more aesthetically pleasing too.

All in all, if you just want a quick, reliable hackintosh, I'd recommend going the unibeast route.

S

Do you recommend Clover for my build or Unibeast?

For installation, create and use Unibeast USB. Once the OS X successfully installed on your system then you can use CLOVER as your OS X Bootloader.

For installation, create and use Unibeast USB. Once the OS X successfully installed on your system then you can use CLOVER as your OS X Bootloader.

Ok. I think I will first try UniBeast + MultiBeast, and if I can't get everything to work then I'll switch to Clover and try that.

Ok. I think I will first try UniBeast + MultiBeast, and if I can't get everything to work then I'll switch to Clover and try that.

So I tried UniBeast + MultiBeast and it was too much of a pain to get working so I used Clover and it worked like a charm! :thumbup:

I was just wondering how would I get wifi to work? There isn't even a menu that shows up, but I know my wireless card works with OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back