ACER Aspire 5750-Clover Legacy
CPU
i5-2450M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, Tonymac!

I'm trying to get Continuity fully functional on my Acer laptop. I've done my research and installed a DW1520 halfmini-pcie+IOGEAR GBU521. I've also patched AirPortBrcm4360 to whitelist the MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS I'm using.

Before I had installed the new devices, I've had iMessage and FaceTime work just fine. After I've installed them and ran CAT, AirDrop started working and my iPhone appeared as an available Personal Hotspot.

Here's where the weird stuff begins. Initially, Handoff, Shared Clipboard, and actually connecting to the Personal Hotspot would not work. There's also no option to enable Unlock With Watch. I've tried relogging into iCloud and Clipboard+Personal Hotspot started working properly. Handoff icons started to appear in the Dock and on the iPhone, but clicking them would do nothing. I've tried re-logging again and filling out SMBIOS config properly, and now I'm back to none of these features working. Watch Unlock never appeared, even when some of the stuff worked.

How do I resolve this?

Extra info: I'm running 10.12.0 with legacy Clover with EFI in a folder (not on a partition). Attached is my config stuff.

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Kexts.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 189
  • Logs+Info.zip
    875 KB · Views: 185
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Update: over time, stuff just started working better by itself, knock on wood. This thread can now be closed.

Something I'd like to add: following this guide, logging in an out of iCloud, pairing iPhone in the Bluetooth preferences and leaving it for a few hours seems to solve the problem quite reliably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back