Contribute
Register

Recommended BIOS/UEFI Settings for Beginners

As stated in the UniBeast guide, most Gigabyte 5/6/7/8/9 motherboards will function using UniBeast/MultiBeast with only a few changes from Optimized Defaults.

If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS or UEFI to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Set to Optimized Defaults.
3. (Optional) Set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1
4. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
5. Save and exit.

Related:
Gigabyte 7 Series Motherboard Example - Z77X-UP5-TH
Gigabyte 8 Series Motherboard Example - Z87X-UD7-TH
http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi...es-motherboard-uefi-updates-2014-03-19-a.html

Can you please tell me if my emachines E732Z-P623G25MnKK
can run hackintosh please as i am a noob to hackintosh i can privide the specs of the system as well if needed

Hi Mr2d, I have the same set up. I had the same issue twice. Once was a vga cable while I was waiting for my new monitor. The second was the first time installing ElCap I had the video card in. I was using a nvidia graphics card. I think it was nv_disable=1 for the boot argument to disable it until you get the OS installed and then it worked. Hope it helps.

hi,
i have the same problem and don't find any answer....
i really need help

HI
have you found the solution?
if yes can you share it please.
thanks

‏Hi
‏I have problem with me computer it's windows 10. I follow up your steps to install mac in my pc. I do every thing. After that my computer can see the mac from USB when I choose external to start it show me apple logo and some text it's like start install after ascend it's stop and show me message end of this text that installing are filled !! See the photo

IMG_9645.JPG IMG_9644.JPG IMG_9650.JPG

‏I change USB but same problem. Can you tell me what's problem? And how to fix? :cry:
‏My Mather bored gigabyte X79-UP4

all you need is the kenel flag. try.... cpus=1

hi , i have a some issues with my GA-X99-SOC Force. When i starting to instal el capitain from clover, my monitor is going off and pc is restarting. i tried to set bios as you recommended, but it not working. can someone explain me which settings i need to change to solve it? Thanks

I'm building a Hackintosh but no longer have a mac to make the USB flash drive. Is there anyplace to purchase one? I have El Cap downloaded just no way to set it up.

I'm building a Hackintosh but no longer have a mac to make the USB flash drive. Is there anyplace to purchase one? I have El Cap downloaded just no way to set it up.
Yes, you can use a Mac/iMac/MacBook at local school, library, college or university or use a friends Mac/iMac/MacBook. Not knowing your system, you could try Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide.

BTW, where did you download your El Capitan installer?

Back