Contribute
Register

Recommended BIOS/UEFI Settings for Beginners

What about Gigabyte 9 series boards?
What do we do with those please?

I have had a few issues along the way, am now trying a new mobo, gigabyte z97x-soc-force.
Would be great if someone could post a guide for bios settings for 9 series boards please!!

Thanks!
A

What about Gigabyte 9 series boards?...

same question from my side…

I bought the mobo from here, but I can't find UEFI/BIOS settings for the recommended GIGABYTE motherboard GA-Z97-D3H.
And there are some different
information about disabling VT-d here and enabling Virtualization here.
What do I enable/disable for a brand new installation using UniBeast and can I change the config after I have used Miltibeast? And do I need to enable those functions if I don't need Windows on my Hack (Parallels, VMware Fusion)?

Thanks for clarification.
Bye Oli

I have two problems, the first I'm an absolute beginner in Hackintosh :shifty: ,please take me patience. The second I've a new GA-X99-UD3 MoBo :thumbup:.
Someone can post a X99 Bios Guide for Dummies please, at the moment only fails:thumbdown:.

Thanks a Lot!

Hello. This is my first hackintosh project. I'm trying to install the new OS X El Capitan. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H with BIOS version F7 and my processor Intel i7 4790K. My problem is that this bios is really new to me and I can't find all the settings i'm supposed to. For instance when I used the HD version of the bios I didn't find any of the mentioned settings from the guide. When I switched to classic setup I did find VT-d and I disabled it. There was also this "Windows 8 Features" and I switched it to "Other OS". I've trouble to find the CFG-Lock and Secure Boot Mode. When I didn't find these two I saved the settings and tried to install El Capitan. I got to the install screen and it started to install but when the bar reached middle point the system restarted and got back to the install screen. So I'm guessing the problem is in the imperfect settings. Please help me locate the CFG-Lock and Secure Boot Mode. I used Google with no luck.

what about G1.Sniper Z97 ? i cant reach the installation screen of El Capitan, stuck in loading and monitor lost communication with pc . what to do ?

Hello. This is my first hackintosh project. I'm trying to install the new OS X El Capitan. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H with BIOS version F7 and my processor Intel i7 4790K. My problem is that this bios is really new to me and I can't find all the settings i'm supposed to. For instance when I used the HD version of the bios I didn't find any of the mentioned settings from the guide. When I switched to classic setup I did find VT-d and I disabled it. There was also this "Windows 8 Features" and I switched it to "Other OS". I've trouble to find the CFG-Lock and Secure Boot Mode. When I didn't find these two I saved the settings and tried to install El Capitan. I got to the install screen and it started to install but when the bar reached middle point the system restarted and got back to the install screen. So I'm guessing the problem is in the imperfect settings. Please help me locate the CFG-Lock and Secure Boot Mode. I used Google with no luck.

Hi. Having exactly your problem. Have you find any help from someone ? Thanks

Hi, my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 and the processor is Intel i7-3820. How can I identify the series? Is it 7/8/9+ or 5/6? I am supposed to choose between UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode.

Hi, my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 and the processor is Intel i7-3820. How can I identify the series? Is it 7/8/9+ or 5/6? I am supposed to choose between UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode.

You have a 7 series MOBO, denoted by the GA-X7, whereas I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 which is a 6 series from GA-Z6.

I believe you will have either an Award BIOS or the UEFI. The Award BIOS is considered Legacy, and the UEFI a replacement for older BIOS. When you use a BIOS, you will often use a DSDT.aml file with a program like MultiBeast. The modified DSDT file allows OSX to properly interface to the underlying hardware. With UEFI, there is no need for this DSDT.aml file.

I recommend you read through the TonyMac glossary http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/177012-customac-glossary-explanations-common-terms.html

I just updated my Gigabyte MOBO from an Award BIOS to UEFI today. It will take time to become familiar with all the moving parts, but you have landed in a great community. Hopefully my comments have helped you somewhat.

One last note. When you power up your Gigabyte MOBO, press the Delete key and you will enter into the BIOS setup page. Right at the top you will see either Award BIOS or Gigabyte UEFI. If you search for both terms on tonymac I am confident you will find pictures of both. This OP (thread #1) has three links. The first 7 series link shows the Gigabyte UEFI.

My hack is now four years old and running strong. I am preparing to upgrade from Mavericks straight to El Capitan. I am in the process of switching from Chimera bootloader to Clover. Then on to the OS upgrade.

Good luck.

I'm stuck here also with my GA-Z97X-SLI with internal graphics. Any help? It's driving me nuts.

edit: figured it out. I was stupid and used VGA with a USB 3.0 key.

Hi,

I have the same problem and same configuration. Has anybody found a solution to this?

Thanks in advance !

Back