Contribute
Register

Recommendations for a new Hachintosh "pro"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi every one I'm glad to found this website and I'm extremely excited because I'm close to built my first new Hachintosh "PRO".
Forgive me for my English but is not my mother language.
I really appreciated since I'm a novice if any one here should tell me if the hardware I'm going to purchase can work fine and with out needing for extra modifications.
I would run OS 10.11.6 since for my necessity I'm already using from a long time in a real Mac Book pro Retina and it's very stable, I'm not a gamer but I would like to built something will work for the next 5 to 6 years.
My "shopping list" would be like below but please any recommendation will be very welcome if there is something base on your knowledge couldn't work properly together.
I would like to have a very very silent machine hope the fun I'd choose are silent
I'd selected all the hardware from Tonymac list except for the case
- Case: ATX Jonsbo UMX4 silver
- Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS ROG VIII EXTREME Intel Z170 S 1151 DDR4 EATXS - For me it's important have Thunderbolt but if you have any alternative more cheaper will be welcome :)
- Graphic Card: I would use the one included in the mother board with an LG34UC98 since from my understanding the resolution of the incorporated graphic card connect trough the DP to the monitor is reaching 4096X2304 at 60 Hz (even higher than my LG)
- Sound Card the one included into the motherboard
- Networking: wi fi and ethernet the one included in the motherboard
- CPU Intel Box Core i7-6700 Silver
- RAM Crucial CT2K16G4DFD8213 Memoria RAM da 32 GB, DDR4, 2133 MT/s
- HD SSD only for OS and applications: Crucial MX300 SSD Interno da 275 GB, SATA da 2.5 Pollici - CT275MX300SSD1
- HD SSD only for data Crucial MX300 SSD Interno da 525 GB, SATA da 2.5 Pollici - CT525MX300SSD1
- CPU fan ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 - Dissipatore di processore con ventola da 92mm PWM - Dissipatore per CPU fino a una potenza di raffreddamento di 150 Watt OR alternative Corsair Hydro H55 CW-9060010-WW Sistema di Raffreddamento a Liquido per CPU All-in-One con Radiatore da 120 mm
- Power supply Corsair CS550M 550W Black OR alternative Corsair AX760 - Alimentatore 760W
- OS El Capitan 10.11.6
Thank you in advance for all your reply.

You told us what you were not gonna do with it (gaming) .. but you gave us no hint to what you are actually build it for ...
CPU Cooler .. that will simply not do .. a 92mm fan on a Core i7 ..nope. It would have to spin at max speed all the time..not very very silent ..gimme a few minutes to check clearance on the case and make a suggestion ...

Houston we have a big problem here ... the motherboard does not fit in the case ....

From the case styling you are looking for, here is a suggestion

Last edited:
You told us what you were not gonna do with it (gaming) .. but you gave us no hint to what you are actually build it for ...
CPU Cooler .. that will simply not do .. a 92mm fan on a Core i7 ..nope. It would have to spin at max speed all the time..not very very silent ..gimme a few minutes to check clearance on the case and make a suggestion ...

Houston we have a big problem here ... the motherboard does not fit in the case ....
Hello Kazbah....yes u r right, forgive me:) too much focus on technical details... I'm not a gamer and I use Mac to open PDF sometime heavy, modify some pictures with very basic softwares, check email, browse web, openoffice, constantly open simultaneosly whatsupp wechat viber skype. As I say I'm a passionate but not a pro so I welcome all the recommendations. I want built a machine the motherboard has an integrated graphic card can allowed me to use my LG monitor 34UC98 at top resolution as well as integrated soundcard/wi fi and ethernet. Thundrbolt is a must and USB 3.1 / C (if I well understood new USB C and Thunderbolt have the same connector but can a Thunderbolt work also with USB C ?) I would love to get my machine almost "ghost" very silent and keep it 5 to 6 year.
Thanks for all your support, ciao !

Here is the cooler I would recommend if you were to use that case

USB-C is not Thunderbolt .. it is a connector type.

While Thunderbolt enables you to carry the USB protocol over it, the reverse is no true.
Simply because a device has a USB-C Connector does not make it a Thunderbolt device.

Last edited:

Here is the cooler I would recommend if you were to use that case

USB-C is not Thunderbolt .. it is a connector type.

While Thunderbolt enables you to carry the USB protocol over it, the reverse is no true.
Simply because a device has a USB-C Connector does not make it a Thunderbolt device.
And this should fit ? https://www.pc-cooling.de/gehaeuse/htpc/mini-tower/499/jonsbo-umx1-plus-silver?c=316

Negative .. it is smaller the the UMX 4.
The motherboard is Extended-ATX and UMX 4 is a regular ATX form factor.
E-ATX motherboard are used mostly by extreme gamers because the spacing between the PCI slots enables them to use multiple GPU cards.

What do you think about the other parts, do you think can work great?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back