Contribute
Register

Recommendation for music production 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
NH-D15 is really BIG. I would stop at NH-D15S (mind the 'S'!) or rather NH-U14S.

Gigabyte Z390 UD has a Thunderbolt header, should you change your mind on that, but no USB 3 Gen 2.
Asus Z390 Prime A has USB 3 Gen 2 but no Thunderbolt. I doubt that faster USB is worth twice the price though.

These coolers are almost as expensive as the motherboard!! and the size is huge! Was considering a ~50eur one but may be better to get something more powerful then.

To be able to use a wireless/bluetooth mac keyboard + mouse can i use a bluetooth usb or does it needs something like the fenvi card?

These coolers are almost as expensive as the motherboard!! and the size is huge! Was considering a ~50eur one but may be better to get something more powerful then.

To be able to use a wireless/bluetooth mac keyboard + mouse can i use a bluetooth usb or does it needs something like the fenvi card?

One thing I will say about the cooler is although its expensive, it will last forever, and until there its a major paradigm change in the PC space, you'll be able to use it for years and years even if you upgrade your system down the road. The cooler mount form factor has been the same for a very long time on the intel platform.

Basic USB bluetooth adaptors will get your mouse and keyboard working. If you are interested in features like Handoff and Continuity, you gotta go Fenvi, or genuine apple Broadcom card. You always have this option down the road too.

Reactions: dsb
Forgot to add does this BT USB will work with apple keyboard + mouse on BIOS as i only have these wireless devices and dont want more things to add to the buy list!!

Forgot to add does this BT USB will work with apple keyboard + mouse on BIOS as i only have these wireless devices and dont want more things to add to the buy list!!
For that the USB probably won't work in the Bios. The Fenvi and Apple cards will.

Cooler size with respect to your case is obviously a consideration, but if you can fit a NH-U14S it will cool the CPU very, very quietly. Smaller NH-U12A, NH-U9S will make somewhat more noise due to the dual fans and the smaller fans (= spin faster), tough still being quieter than most of the competition.
Otherwise, the cheapest option is Intel stock cooler—but expect to hear it loud and clear and have some throttling under load.

For your peace of mind, I would suggest to have a USB keyboard (and possibly mouse) around. If you can't change any setting because the wireless keyboard doesn't work, you can't fix Blutooth… Chicken and egg.

A Cooler Master Hyper H412R would be very bad? hundreds for a cooler is hard, also considering the NH-U9S thanks for the recommendations. Already grabbed a wired pc and mouse just in case!

If it cools, it works… But if silence is desired, I'd still suggest not to save on the cooler and rather pick a non-K CPU with a high end cooler than a K with a cheap cooler.
NH-U9S is certainly good, but, again, a single, larger, fan will be quieter than two smaller fans.
Item #5 in this list may give you some ideas for cheap and quiet coolers. But the pictures in the reviews of both the Zalman and the Be Quiet! model clearly show that these are not built to the same standards than a NH-U14S.

A Cooler Master Hyper H412R would be very bad? hundreds for a cooler is hard, also considering the NH-U9S thanks for the recommendations. Already grabbed a wired pc and mouse just in case!
consider the used market for a cooler since they don't wear out (other than the fan maybe). there is a D15 for $80 on that auction site we all know and love. Spending money on a cooler is a hard pill to swallow but it should be a priority for your intended use.

If it cools, it works… But if silence is desired, I'd still suggest not to save on the cooler and rather pick a non-K CPU with a high end cooler than a K with a cheap cooler.
NH-U9S is certainly good, but, again, a single, larger, fan will be quieter than two smaller fans.
Item #5 in this list may give you some ideas for cheap and quiet coolers. But the pictures in the reviews of both the Zalman and the Be Quiet! model clearly show that these are not built to the same standards than a NH-U14S.

Was just checking and the NH-U9S is single fan and its recommended for the 9900K, thanks again for the recommendations! these coolers need wires or it comes in the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back