Contribute
Register

Recomendations for a Gigabyte Z68 board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did use the search bar and some people say sleep works but a lot of others say it doesn't. It wasn't clear
Follow the guides from those who did get it working. :D

Thing to keep in mind about sleep, it's not always the motherboard. For example, the wrong type of optical drive can cause sleep not to work. (LOTS of info here on optical drives that work fine with sleep). Ditto some quasi-compatible bluetooth chips and other hardware. Other times it's simply how OSX was set up, and if all needed kexts/patches/updates etc were correctly applied.

In my experience, sleep not working usually has a fairly indentifable cause, and with supported hardware, a fix.

I have tried to get the GA-Z68XP-UD3 to work for about a week now with an I5-2500K. I have tried every suggestion on this site as well as others, and can not get it to reliably work, with either the F10 bios (with the DSDT and SSDT from here), or the UEFI (1J) bios (with just the SSDT from here). HD3000 graphics won't work, I can't get QE/CI with the HD3000, I get random KPs, including the somewhat traumatic "CPU 3 has no HPET associated with it".

Is there anyone who has the z68xp-ud3 working with an i5-2500K in a stable configuration? Could they share how they installed? Is QE/CI working? Have they gotten HD3000 working?

(I'm trying to get it to work with 10.8.2 btw).

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back