Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator 10G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Integrated Graphics Processor
I recently noticed that I am no longer able to Wake on LAN from my phone or iPad like I was previously able to do. I use this to remote access my hackintosh sometimes. Since this is not something I use all the time I'm not able to pinpoint what caused it to stop. The only real changes I can think of that could effect this would be updating Clover (build 3241) and OS X (10.10.4). I haven't changed anything on my BIOS or any extensions or anything like that. I looked in Clover Configurator to see if there is anything new I needed to try that would effect that, but I couldn't see anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

update: I tried reverting back to an older version of Clover (3193) and that didn't help so I am guessing it has something to do with 10.10.4. Is anyone else having issues with this?

update 2: I downgraded back to 10.10.3 and WOL worked again. I tried my hand at the 10.10.5 update and WOL stopped working again. I looked up any changes related to WOL and saw this article. I'm not sure if it is the issue.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/06/30/apple-releases-os-x-10-10-4/

If anyone has any suggestions on something I can possibly try in Clover it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Still having this same problem. Any help?

This still doesn't work for me. Can anyone offer any help? I am able to wake whenever I want as long as I am on the local network. If I disable wifi and use my phones network I am able to wake for a limited time from TeamViewer and the Mocha WOL app, then it won't do anything anymore. I have UDP Port 9 forwarded on my router already and Wake for Network Access checked in my settings. Not sure what else needs to be done. This is all I have seen in forums.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7232083?start=0&tstart=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back