Contribute
Register

Recent upgrade to Mojave - Gt 630 glitchy graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GH-H87-HD3
CPU
i5-4430
Graphics
GT 630
Hi,

I've been running El Capitan for a while with no problems at all.

Recently upgraded to Mojave which works fine however there are some graphical glitches, mostly with animation on web pages or watching videos.

I'm using an MSI GeForce GT 630, has any one else seen this problem?

If I wanted to switch to use the integrated GPU (Intel HD4600) how would I do this? Is it simply a case of plugging the HDMI cable into the other output or would some config be required?

Hi,

I've been running El Capitan for a while with no problems at all.

Recently upgraded to Mojave which works fine however there are some graphical glitches, mostly with animation on web pages or watching videos.

I'm using an MSI GeForce GT 630, has any one else seen this problem?

If I wanted to switch to use the integrated GPU (Intel HD4600) how would I do this? Is it simply a case of plugging the HDMI cable into the other output or would some config be required?

Hello there.

There were changes in the Nvidia ranges around the time of the GT630/GT730. I'm wondering if you have a Fermi GF108 core model or a later Kepler GF208 (if my memory serves this was also signalled the difference in GPU memory from GDDR3 to GDDR5).

The Fermi chip should work okay, as long as it's a GDDR3 memory model. They were native in macOS.

Your problem seems to be pointing in this direction. MSI might also have some specifics causing this.

Usually the Nvidia Web-Drivers would sort out all these problems but they aren't available for Mojave.

Doing a web-search on the Device ID and Revision ID for the GPU might tell you which core model it is. You probably, know you can find these in System Information - Graphics/Displays

:)

I tried a GT 640 on Mojave. It had text that had missing pixels , notch look , and graphics look lower in resolution. I pulled it and put a GT120 back in. The GT 640 was needed just for installation. Gt 640 is Kepler. I have a GT630 and it is Fermi. I am trying it next. Otherwise time for a RX 570 AMD. One glitch may be that it needs a DP ( GT 630 /640 ) I noticed the ones at Mac Vid Card have the DP ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back