Contribute
Register

Received Security Update 2017-001 twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600k
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I got the update prompt twice, and the App Store shows that I've updated twice.

7yLXM0f.png

Now I'm stuck on some strange build number (17B1003) of macOS that I can't find any mention of on the web! That means that the lastest NVidia drivers don't work for me either. Anybody know what's going on??

(To clarify, I know how to patch my own drivers so that I can continue using them. I just thought this was a very curious issue.)

QlFM8U1.png

This build number came to me as well and NVidia Web Driver is not working. However, I only got the update once. Could you please tell how to patch the driver?

EDIT: I found the patch at #17.

Last edited:
same problem!
I have no idea what to do :cry:

the trouble is that I've uninstalled the web drivers, so now I can not reinstall them

I did. On first install, from App Store, it did not appeared on receipts and on installed updates in App Store. The build version of High Sierra was changed, and the root log on issue seemed fixed. Just to be safe, I have downloaded the update from Softpedia and installed it manualy. It worked well, it appeared on receipts. Then, this morning the update came again along with a Xprotect definition update. It appears on receipts and on update history on App Store. The OS version build was changed again. I do not use Webdrivers altought I have got a Nvidia card.
Would anyone recommand a fresh install of High Sierra?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back