Contribute
Register

Rebranding the Atheros 928x cards - The guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another source shows only the full-height AR9380 (AR5BXB112) working, not the half-height AR9380 (AR5BHB112).

I guess you could buy one and try it.

I will buy one the next days. Right now I'm still trying to convince Windows to accept my AR9280/AR9485.:banghead:

There is nothing wrong in Windows, you have to set the driver manually to Atheros 9280. I had to use the same trick in Windows in order to use my Atheros 9280 (rebranded with Atheros 9285 IDs).

Go to Device Manager, right click on the card, select Properties, select Driver, push Update driver and select manually Atheros 9280 (or Atheros 5009, it's the same).

Another source shows only the full-height AR9380 (AR5BXB112) working, not the half-height AR9380 (AR5BHB112).

I guess you could buy one and try it.

Today the AR5BHB112 arrived. OSX recognizes the card but it won't find any networks. Is it possible to tell OSX that an AR5BXB112 is build in?

Today the AR5BHB112 arrived. OSX recognizes the card but it won't find any networks. Is it possible to tell OSX that an AR5BXB112 is build in?

Verify that you have vanilla IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext (fresh install if necessary). Also try turning it on/off (slowly with plenty of time to test) with the WiFi button. And verify the hardware is working on Linux or Windows.

Otherwise, it is exactly as I said in post #21.

Verify that you have vanilla IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext (fresh install if necessary). Also try turning it on/off (slowly with plenty of time to test) with the WiFi button. And verify the hardware is working on Linux or Windows.

Otherwise, it is exactly as I said in post #21.

Hardware is working with Windows. I did a fresh install, didn't help. Also the Wifi button wasn't the problem.:(

There is nothing wrong in Windows, you have to set the driver manually to Atheros 9280. I had to use the same trick in Windows in order to use my Atheros 9280 (rebranded with Atheros 9285 IDs).

Go to Device Manager, right click on the card, select Properties, select Driver, push Update driver and select manually Atheros 9280 (or Atheros 5009, it's the same).

I selected a driver manually, still Code 10 & working with Ubuntu

Hardware is working with Windows. I did a fresh install, didn't help. Also the Wifi button wasn't the problem.:(

See post #21. It is kind of looking like the source for this information is correct: full-size works, half-size not.

See post #21. It is kind of looking like the source for this information is correct: full-size works, half-size not.

Ok. I will return the AR9380 and order a Broadcom 43224. Last chance for me...

Ok. I will return the AR9380 and order a Broadcom 43224. Last chance for me...

AR9280 is another possibility... Unless it doesn't fit in with your BIOS whitelist.

AR9280 is another possibility... Unless it doesn't fit in with your BIOS whitelist.

I prefer AR9280 but there are only 4 cards for my BIOS: Atheros 9380, 2x Intel, Broadcom 43224..... I will also try to fix my AR9280, sadly I only found Windows tools for flashing EEPROM and I still have Code 10 with Windows drivers. I tried Madwifi with Ubuntu, but it's not working well, Madwifi isn't developed anymore I think. Hopefully the Broadcom works.

EDIT: Broadcom 43224 works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back