Contribute
Register

Rebranding the Atheros 928x cards - The guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
No evidence that the kext is installed (correctly).

Repair permissions (Disk Utility), rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Provide output here.

Repair permissions, nothing.

kext seems to be load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VoodooSDHC.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/RTL8192CU8.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_AR9280_as_Intel.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleKextExcludeList.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleHDA.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.

I don't see any evidence that FakePCIID.kext is installed. It is not optional.

I don't see any evidence that FakePCIID.kext is installed. It is not optional.

Yeeaahh, now it works. Thanks a lot man.

I just installed the FakePCIID.Kext.. I was thinking that i don't need this kext, just the FakePCIID_AR9280....kext.

Softwareversionen:
CoreWLAN: 5.0 (500.35.2)
CoreWLANKit: 4.3 (430.38.1)
Menüerweiterung: 10.3 (1030.34)
Systeminformationen: 9.0 (900.9)
IO80211-Familie: 7.3 (730.60)
Diagnose: 4.2 (420.71)
AirPort-Dienstprogramm: 6.3.5 (635.2)
Schnittstellen:
en4:
Kartentyp: AirPort Extreme (0x8086, 0x4222)
Firmware-Version: Atheros 9280: 4.0.74.0-P2P
MAC-Adresse: 74:f0:6d:66:22:e9
Locale: Unknown
Länderkennung: DE
Unterstützte PHY-Modi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
Unterstützte Kanäle: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140
Ruhezustand bei drahtlosem Zugriff beenden: Unterstützt
AirDrop: Unterstützt
Aktuelle Netzwerkinformationen:
CodeOfTheStreetz:
PHY-Modus: 802.11n
BSSID: 9c:c7:a6:95:92:de
Kanal: 7
Länderkennung: DE
Netzwerktyp: Infrastruktur
Sicherheit: Persönlicher WPA2
Signal / Störungen: -30 dBm / -96 dBm
Senderate: 117
MCS-Index: 14

Yeeaahh, now it works. Thanks a lot man.

I just installed the FakePCIID.Kext.. I was thinking that i don't need this kext, just the FakePCIID_AR9280....kext.

Yup... FakePCIID does all the "heavy lifting." The injector you created just tells it "what to lift"...

Hello All!

New to the site and I have to say, it looks like I found the right place! I'm not really a MAC person but you seem to cover lots of different hardware and OS's so I'll give it a shot...

I'm not sure after reading quite a few posts in this thread whether this mod is just for a MAC OS/Hardware or if it also affects Windows/PC too, or if it's just a hardware fix?

I upgraded my Dell laptop to 802.11ac with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 card myself without much trouble, but now I am trying to do the same to my wife's HP4530S since I spent the money on an ac router, and I was searching for a card when I spotted a catch about a whitelisting of the wifi cards. Is there a block on these laptops so you can't upgrade them at all or is HP just forcing you to use their crap?

I'm looking for some advice and possible direction in getting this done for her as a happy wife makes a happy home!

Currently her HP lappy is running Windows 7 Professional x64. The current wifi card is a Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11 b/g/n.

If it's just a matter of saving a few bucks for an allowed card, then I don't have a problem spending it but if the performance will be better, then I am willing to do the extra technical adjustments needed to pull this off. I DO have the skill level, just need some pointers on where to start.

Thanks VERY much in advance for any help! :D

Tom Dee

Thanks for the help Philip!

I've been searching trying to find an 802.11ac dual band card for my HP4530S Probook, but I am not having any luck? H

ave you or anyone else who might be reading this found one? If so, could you send me a link to one on either ebay, amazon, Google or wherever so I can try and find one too?

Thanks again for the help!

Tom Dee

Thanks for the help Philip!

I've been searching trying to find an 802.11ac dual band card for my HP4530S Probook, but I am not having any luck? H

ave you or anyone else who might be reading this found one? If so, could you send me a link to one on either ebay, amazon, Google or wherever so I can try and find one too?

Thanks again for the help!

Tom Dee

Unfortunately, there isn't a good choice due to the BIOS whitelist.

Classic case - HP ProBook 4530s. Find yourself an AR9280-based card and follow the guide from post 1 exactly. You can also use this guide to rebrand the card.

Ok thanks for all the help!

I'm not having much luck finding a card, but I wonder if this one will work in my HP 4530S Laptop?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11202485-Le...e6e7d12&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=171824313553

If you can take a look at this and let me know I would be extremely grateful. If it's not, maybe you can look on eBay and see if you see a suitable card, either one that doesn't need to be modified (which I don't mind paying extra for one that doesn't need to be altered and possibly bricked) or one of the cards you say can be modified?

Thanks very much!

Tom

Ok thanks for all the help!

I'm not having much luck finding a card, but I wonder if this one will work in my HP 4530S Laptop?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11202485-Le...e6e7d12&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=171824313553

If you can take a look at this and let me know I would be extremely grateful. If it's not, maybe you can look on eBay and see if you see a suitable card, either one that doesn't need to be modified (which I don't mind paying extra for one that doesn't need to be altered and possibly bricked) or one of the cards you say can be modified?

Thanks very much!

Tom

That card is Realtek, not Atheros.

Look for AR5BHB92 (AR9280).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back