Contribute
Register

Rebranding the Atheros 928x cards - The guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are a man! thanks a million! all working now.

I take it that the kext works even if it is really a 9285 masked as 9380?

I'm somewhat surprised... and using FakePCIID is probably a good idea anyway as that kext does check the PCI ids at startup... But maybe they are similar enough where only the injector or only a fake device-id is necessary. I just wonder if it wouldn't perform better with the correct PCI mapping.

no no, I used FakePCIID (yo, man) and edited IDs as necessary.

please educate me when is DSDT _DSM change required (
listed on FakePCIID source page)? or is this only cosmetic?

I got my card working without it.

With WiFi you don't need _DSM injection. Everything can be done inside the FakePCIID injector kext.

If you want to know about _DSM patch, post your DSDT and ioreg.

Also, post your FakePCIID injector, and I'll provide feedback...

stuff uploaded.

Only looking at the FakePCIID injector...

You can remove "AirPort AR9280 as AR9380" IOKitPersonality. pci168c,30 is already present in AirPortAtheros40.kext (AR9380 is natively supported).

You only need the "FakePCIID AR9280 as AR9380" personality.

I try to rebrand a AR9287 card from a Acer Laptop with Windows but nothing's changed. Did it step by step correctly without any errors but it won't change the ID's. Windows shows the same ID's like before.
I would like rebranding this card for a Lenovo T530 with the ID's from the original Intel card.
Is that the right way?

Sk

I try to rebrand a AR9287 card from a Acer Laptop with Windows but nothing's changed. Did it step by step correctly without any errors but it won't change the ID's. Windows shows the same ID's like before.
I would like rebranding this card for a Lenovo T530 with the ID's from the original Intel card.
Is that the right way?

Sk

Use the Linux guide ("recovery" link post #1).

Since you're doing a radical rebrand (to Intel), you'll need to use FakePCIID to make the card recognizable by OS X. And Windows won't be able to use it (use USB WiFi on Windows).

Use the Linux guide ("recovery" link post #1).

Since you're doing a radical rebrand (to Intel), you'll need to use FakePCIID to make the card recognizable by OS X. And Windows won't be able to use it (use USB WiFi on Windows).

Unfortunately but also with Linux it was not successful. Extract the eeprom, change the ID's to a card which is in the whitelist (168c:002b:17aa:30a1) and write it back without any conflicts. Starting Windows and saw that no ID is changed.

Any Idea?

Sk

Unfortunately but also with Linux it was not successful. Extract the eeprom, change the ID's to a card which is in the whitelist (168c:002b:17aa:30a1) and write it back without any conflicts. Starting Windows and saw that no ID is changed.

Any Idea?

Sk

Mods to iwleeprom were incorrect, or forgot 'sudo'. Make sure to use sudo when writing eeprom, and also make sure it is reading/writing to offset 0. Also, verify your data is correctly modified. (I found the hexedit program to be quirky and didn't use it, opting instead of xxd combined with text editor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back