gtx 780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
dhCYPoo.jpg

I had successfully installed Mountain Lion on this hackintosh and it was working fine until I tried rebooting it. I've been unable to fix this for the past several days now. I used the boot flag PCIRootUID=1 and my specs are as follows:
CPU: intel core i7-3770K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X
Video Card: GTX 780

View attachment 66489

I had successfully installed Mountain Lion on this hackintosh and it was working fine until I tried rebooting it. I've been unable to fix this for the past several days now. I used the boot flag PCIRootUID=1 and my specs are as follows:
CPU: intel core i7-3770K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X
Video Card: GTX 780

Have you tested your memory modules? (memtest86+)

I just wiped my hard drive and reinstalled OS X, and then I restarted my computer to install drivers with multibeast. I got a boot0 error and I thought it had to do with the large sector problem with my hard drive.

I put this terminal code in to try and fix the problem:
dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Now I cannot get into the installer because I get kernel panics if I try to boot through the USB or the hard drive. I can't even reinstall os x.

I got this kernel panic by trying to get into the installer via the USB with the boot flag PCIRootUID=1:
http://imgur.com/k2RHKph

Any help would be appreciated, I've been trying to solve this for several days and I am really confused.
Also, I did not test my memory, is it possible that it's defective? Someone told me my hard drive might be defective but I ran a benchmark on ubuntu and the results were normal.

I just wiped my hard drive and reinstalled OS X, and then I restarted my computer to install drivers with multibeast. I got a boot0 error and I thought it had to do with the large sector problem with my hard drive.

I put this terminal code in to try and fix the problem:
dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Now I cannot get into the installer because I get kernel panics if I try to boot through the USB or the hard drive. I can't even reinstall os x.

I got this kernel panic by trying to get into the installer via the USB with the boot flag PCIRootUID=1:
http://imgur.com/k2RHKph

Any help would be appreciated, I've been trying to solve this for several days and I am really confused.
Also, I did not test my memory, is it possible that it's defective? Someone told me my hard drive might be defective but I ran a benchmark on ubuntu and the results were normal.

Sounds like it could be a hardware problem. You should do a memory test on any new build before installing anything (memtest86+).

Ok, I managed to boot os x again. I unplugged the power cable for a few minutes and put the usb with os x into a USB 2.0 port in the backplate and then doing PCIRootUID=1. I formatted my drive and installed os x once again, and I did a memory test which seems to have gone well (http://imgur.com/RHTQ352).

Now I just need to run multibeast and download some of the software but I don't know which to get. I think picking the wrong files to download in multibeast may have caused the kernel panics earlier and prevented me from being able to boot.

Ok, I managed to boot os x again. I unplugged the power cable for a few minutes and put the usb with os x into a USB 2.0 port in the backplate and then doing PCIRootUID=1. I formatted my drive and installed os x once again, and I did a memory test which seems to have gone well (http://imgur.com/RHTQ352).

Now I just need to run multibeast and download some of the software but I don't know which to get. I think picking the wrong files to download in multibeast may have caused the kernel panics earlier and prevented me from being able to boot.

It might help if you filled out your profile with pertinent details about your system...

What other details should I list? Sorry, this is my first time building a hackintosh, and a computer at that. I also installed windows 7 recently but I've been getting a blue screen of death frequently so it probably is a hardware issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back