Graphics
GTX 1080Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
I posted this originally on another thread and @RehabMan suggested I post it on here.

I've been trying to get my build to go to sleep for weeks. I don't have a baseline to share anymore but I've pretty much done everything I can think of. The problem is the it basically goes to sleep and immediately wakes up. I'm using an 8700K (thats overclocked) and the newer NZXT N7 Motherboard, and a Zotac NVIDIA GeForce 1980Ti Amped! Extreme with a Kranken x52 mounted with a Kranken G12. I'm using the MacPro instead of the iMAC SMBios cause it works better when my build. I've also successfully implemented PM for the GPU but it didn't make a difference. I also have all sort of settings I've tried at this point which may or may not be right however I've managed to get all my PCI cards, USBs, and pretty everything else working properly. Just this damn sleep issue.
I've tried doing the PluginType, PluginType=1, and the XCPM but none of those worked.

I've attached my config.plist and the dump of the AppleIntelInfo

@RehabMan Suggested it might be a BIOS or USB issue...I would really appreciate any insight anyone can offer.

Attachments

• AppleIntelInfo Dump.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 224
  • config.plist
    17.1 KB · Views: 369
Can you post some instruction on your BIOS setup? What settings did you changed? i've been trying to install High Sierra and i'm fairly certain it's the motherboard that it's causing the issue for me since the configuration options are very small in comparison to other motherboard brands.

Can you post some instruction on your BIOS setup? What settings did you changed? i've been trying to install High Sierra and i'm fairly certain it's the motherboard that it's causing the issue for me since the configuration options are very small in comparison to other motherboard brands.
@Erion.b
The motherboard manufacturing leaves a lot of be desired on the board. Make sure you have updated the board to the latest settings. Other than that, there really isn't much to change. I would consult these two guides to find out exactly what you should set up. I do a lot of consulting work so I have a special relationship with NZXT, but full transparency, I've change this board out almost 10 times so far.

Frankly, I think the BIOS on this board is really sub-par, so there really isn't much you need to change. I don't think I initially had to change anything at all.

Here are the links

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...100-200-300-skylake-kabylake-coffeelake-dsdt/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

@Erion.b
Just so you know, I do plan on making a guide for this motherboard if I can gather all the right DSDT settings. I frankly haven't had time the last few weeks to mess around too much but it's something I've already started. I'll keep you posted.

@Erion.b
Just so you know, I do plan on making a guide for this motherboard if I can gather all the right DSDT settings. I frankly haven't had time the last few weeks to mess around too much but it's something I've already started. I'll keep you posted.

Draque - are you still using this build? I’m looking at building a new machine and would like to get the NZXT 500i case and the z370 goes nicely with it. Or should I stay away? Planning on a 8700k and I already have a 1070ti so it would be similar to your build.

Thanks!
Chris

It's still around; however, I wouldn't recommend anything by NZXT. The quality is really sub-par. The board is frankly trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back