Contribute
Register

Reboot loop on [PCI configuration begin] in ASUS X99 pro (macOS sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was trying to install macOS sierra but whatever I do I always end up with the reboot loop in "PCI configuration begin". Here what I have tried so far.

1) Boot args: -v npci=0x2000 dart=0 cpus=1 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1 -x -f nv_disable=1
Boot args: -v npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=0 -x -f nv_disable=1 DSDT=No
( I tried all the boot args that I can find in the internet with different combination no changes)

2) In my motherboard, updates BIOS to latest version(before I update I got error as RTC: Only Single Ram Bank (128 bytes)),
Intel VT, speed step, turbo mode all disabled, SATA controller to AHCI, Intel xHCI mode, EHCI Legacy support, xHCI Hand-off, EHCI Hand-off all enabled, USB 3.1 disabled, Above 4G Decoding enabled and tried with disable as well, CSM disabled, /secure Boot type Other OS, disbaled WiFi, Lan, audio no change at all...

3) Tried these guides
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-guide-100-working.203769/#post-1340570

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...oadwell-e-family-and-haswell-e-family.197513/

4) I even tried without Unibeast, different USB ports no luck

But I didn't try different Clover versions. I tried all the time with Clover_v2.3k_r3786.zip.

My build:

ASUS X99 PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard
Intel Core i7 5820K
16GB RAM
ASUS Nvidia GTX 770

Guys what else I can do? I think I made huge mistake buying this X99 motherboard without do proper research for Hackintosh now suffering :(. Anyone know is there any DSDT available for ASUS X99 pro?

Thanks
Krish

@Sunman Thank-you for your guide. Unfortunately it did not work. I was so mad so in the option I changed randomly in the CPU tuning and Binaries patching.. and you know what it passed that problem and give me another problem.. DAMN after that I was trying to find out what I did but I couldn't. So it is surely something to do with the CPU.

Could you please tell me what you selected in the CPU Tuning and Binaries patching?

Thanks

1. Remove the plugins in your FakeSMC.kext (Known to cause problems).
2. boot flags = dart=0 darkwake=0 nv_disable=1 npci=2000 or 3000
3. Make sure you use the FakeCPUID as listed in some guides.
4. Make sure you to a Kext Patch in Clover for IOPCI - to go with the FakeCPUID
5. Use the USB Port Limit for (9 series) Kext Patch in Clover
6. Enable USB3 - disable legacy mode.
7. Use the USB3 port to boot installer.
8. The X99 has many memory mapping issues. Only three files should be in your drivers64UEFI folder (FSInject Opti-2000free and HFSPlus).
9. Use VoodooTsync appropriate for your CPU.
10. Use the X99 USB inject kext.

@Sunman Thank-you for your guide. Unfortunately it did not work. I was so mad so in the option I changed randomly in the CPU tuning and Binaries patching.. and you know what it passed that problem and give me another problem.. DAMN after that I was trying to find out what I did but I couldn't. So it is surely something to do with the CPU.

Could you please tell me what you selected in the CPU Tuning and Binaries patching?

Thanks

Hi - sorry for the late reply but I did not visit the site recently
I am not sure that I understand your question - What you mean by CPU Tuning and Binaries Patching? The only fix that is needed 5820k is the VoodoTSync with modified count of cores (I believe it is attached in my zip files) - If not you can easy find a patched or do the patch yourself - it is really easy. The most "problematic" is the x99 motherboard and probably the GPU support but 5820k is "well supported" for about a year by Clover/Mac

i had problems also with my rampage v extreme with a 5960x and 980ti this was my results

Attachments

• IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 612
i had problems also with my rampage v extreme with a 5960x and 980ti this was my results

I get the exact same screen like yours trying to install sierra. I have rampage v extreme, 5960x, 980ti sli. Did you managed to find a solution?

IMG_0354.JPG IMG_0355.JPG I have actually got it to load an install but I'm having problems getting my 980Ti workin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back