Contribute
Register

Reboot Loop / Kernel Panic after Clover Update r5116 to r5117 (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Apologies if this covered previous I had no luck with my search.

I cannot update clover past r5111. Every time I try to boot with a newer version of Clover I get a kernel panic and restart. I am however able to boot in safe mode with a newer version of clover bootloader. So where do I start to try and figure this out what do I need to post for a little help? Obviously not a BIG problem until I need to Upgrade to Big Sur later in the year?

UPDATE: So decided to do incremental Clover updates staring with r5111 and was successful in updating clover to r5116. However once I update to r5117, I am back to the same thing as seen in the attached pictures. Looks like whatever they have changed in r5117 is the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_4747.PNG
    IMG_4747.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4748.PNG
    IMG_4748.PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
@spang1974,

I've seen a few reports from users running Clover r5120 that they encountered problems with it.
In all cases they rolled back to Clover r5119 to resolve the issue.

For now i'd stick what you are currently running if you have no problems or update no further than r5119.

Cheers
Jay

Fix it! I disabled Serial port in Bios and correctly identified graphics in Clover.

I use these settings in config file

- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Graphics/VBios=true
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x0

Interesting find! I thought it was more something about my Z68 mobo, but it looks like it's my NVidia GT210 that is not recognized by Clover r5117+... I had more and more (small) issues since Clover r5106.
I haven't tried booting in safe mode, though — and I had no KP but boot loop, but I'm quite sure it's the same Graphics issue. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back