Contribute
Register

REBOOT LOOP fresh el capitan clover install successful, until using migration assistant to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H Motherboard
CPU
Intel i3 4360
Graphics
PNY Nvidia GT 640 1 GB Ram
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
IMG_2394.jpgSo here is what happened. I wanted to upgrade to el capitan and clover, so I made a boot drive, backed up on an external time machine my chimera yosemite and started clean. In the fresh install the only problem I encountered was another boot loop, which was fixed by installing the correct nvidia drivers. Then, I transfer all of my data with migration assistant, and I am in a boot loop again. I've tried everything that I have found on these forums and got nothing. However, after reading the "big list of el capitan install problems" I think I might have figured it out. After transfering ALL of my data, the kexts and old multibeast from chimera yosemite are now on the ssd. In the big list, it says that one cause to my problem is having old kexts, specifically evoreboot.kxt and codeccommander.kxt. I know I had evoreboot in yosemite. The problem is that I don't know how I can get rid of it when I can't boot. To be sure this is the problem, attached is where the verbose boot code ends before rebooting.

View attachment 169927So here is what happened. I wanted to upgrade to el capitan and clover, so I made a boot drive, backed up on an external time machine my chimera yosemite and started clean. In the fresh install the only problem I encountered was another boot loop, which was fixed by installing the correct nvidia drivers. Then, I transfer all of my data with migration assistant, and I am in a boot loop again. I've tried everything that I have found on these forums and got nothing. However, after reading the "big list of el capitan install problems" I think I might have figured it out. After transfering ALL of my data, the kexts and old multibeast from chimera yosemite are now on the ssd. In the big list, it says that one cause to my problem is having old kexts, specifically evoreboot.kxt and codeccommander.kxt. I know I had evoreboot in yosemite. The problem is that I don't know how I can get rid of it when I can't boot. To be sure this is the problem, attached is where the verbose boot code ends before rebooting.

Remove all kexts from S\L\E which was installed with Multibeast. No need to use NullCPUPowermanagement.kext with Clover. Put FakeSMC.kext & Your ethernet kext in EFI\Clover\kexts\10.11.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how can I delete them when I can't boot into osx. Thanks for the help!

Boot with -v -x or Boot from your Pen drive.

I did the identical process you did and getting the exact same reboot loop. Did anything ever work for you?

Any help would be great, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back