Contribute
Register

Reboot loop during Installation HighSierra for Lenovo Thinkpad X380 Touch laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga X380 Touch laptop
CPU
i5-8350U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello Everyone,

I have been doing the following steps and frequently my laptop is getting reboot.
  1. Formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and installed OS via Terminal command
  2. Tried 3 approaches for populating EFI partition
    1. Unibeast Approach
      • Got this at beginning before Apple logo

• rebooted with Apple logo with 50% loading
      • -v mode gave panic report

2. Copied EFI folder from (http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com/)
      • Was able to see Apple logo with 100% loading and a stop icon at the end - So I moved to next approach
    3. Used clover configurator and left default settings
      • This time I used BIOS settings mentioned at http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com/
      • Was able to see next screen but last 10% took very long (30 + min) to load. [ -v got stuck on Busy AppleEFIRuntime error for long time ]

• I was able to see Language screen
      • Was able to connect with USB Trackpad 2, Keyboard but Internal keyboard and Trackpad was not working
      • Here I was also able to use touch screen to move the Terminal, Diskutility windows.
      • I formatted Internal SSD and Hit Install > Agree > it started copying
      • I was quickly able to see 4 min left ---- then 2 min left

• Now again it got restarted, I thought it is normal but I had to again wait for another 45-50 min to reach that phase and it keeps rebooting.
    4. Copied the EFI folder from this website assuming it is similar model (http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com/)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-03-13 at 10.31.10 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-03-13 at 10.31.10 AM (1).jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

[Update]

I used the EFI from this URL which talks about i5-8250U processor and UHD 620 Integrated Graphics. (My lenovo x380 yoga specs)

Use this config, I was able to copy the Installation files and after reboot, I can now see a bootable record in clover for my Hardisk.

After clicking on it, I can now see Installation screen but again the laptop is restarting.

After this the screen is rebooting.

I also tried to use "config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist" of Rehab but still the system is rebooting.
I remember reading somewhere to use GraphicsInjector and set value as 0x12345678 while booting in clover, I tried doing that but still the laptop is restarting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 206
I successfully installed High Sierra on x380 and is also booting fine...is still work in progress, but I attached my EFI. Only issue I have is that is installed on external ssd, because I wasn't able to find a solution to see on disk utility my internal NVMe, if you have a hint me here.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 268
I successfully installed High Sierra on x380 and is also booting fine...is still work in progress, but I attached my EFI. Only issue I have is that is installed on external ssd, because I wasn't able to find a solution to see on disk utility my internal NVMe, if you have a hint me here.

I was able to see the Internal SSD in Disk utility during setup process. I will try out your EFI folder and will see if I can help you with Internal Drive.

Apart from SSD Issue, Did you face any issues ? like touch, battery, sleep etc ?

Hey @hackbyyuri Im still not able to install.
I used your EFI folder and I can see internal HDD and after copying the files ; It restarted and then it is showing installation screen and abruptly rebooting at about 2 min remaining.
Im trying to install on Internal disk since it is detected in my case.

Can u please help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back