I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all
I posted this question yesterday in the "direct update with clover...." thread page #43 but I am afraid that it might get lost due to the large number of threads and that nobody will answer.
I have followed the guide to the T-> updating clover installation, copying the kexts from 10.10 system drive to the new system drive 10.11, adding the Rtvariables for SIP,etc.
I rebooted the system and selected the correct boot sequence to complete the installation. Installation went ok as far as i can tell then upon reboot i selected boot OSX from <system drive> which is the HDD onto which the installation was done. I could see a black screen with the apple logo, a progress bar which seemed to move then probably at 90% I had a crash. According to the message it is due to PHYSMAP_PTOV bounds exceeded.
Then the system resets and the same thing happens again. I did some searches and although there were not many results, some people mentioned to reduce the memory. I have 32gb and removed 2 sticks. Even with 16GB, the problem is happening. The memory in the bios had xmp enabled. I tried without xmp and still the same problem. I have an nvidia card gtx 660 and also booted with the nv_disable=1. Nothing changed.
I tried different flags such as rootless=1 but no changes. I don't know what to do know especially when a google search does not return any result at all, or at least nothing useful. I had Yosemite the upgrade before and it worked fine with the occasional reset on sleep/wake up.
I am currently preparing a USB stick with the latest version of clover and el capitan installer to see if I can at least use the key to boot into el capitan desktop.
Has anybody got an idea? a suggestion?

For info the motherboard is a Gigabyte Z97-UD5h, cpu is an i7 4790k, memory is G.skill 32GB GTX serie. HDD is Crucial 500GB SSD.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks a lot

Update: for those having similar problemsI have found the problem thanks to another post on this forum:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...update-os-x-11-using-clover-ga-z97x-ud5h.html

I have followed the above link because I have the same motherboard. After removing all the kexts in 10.11 except fakesmc and also removing codecommander in S/L/E, I was able to complete the installation and have El Capitan working. Audio was not working but I reinstalled the audio alc patch and it worked ok.
But it seems that the culprit that was causing those PHYSMAP_PTOV crashes was Codecommander.

After installing the audio patch I put the system to sleep and woke it up. I did not have any audio. so I followed the suggestion in the above link and reinstalled codecommander in S/L/E. Rebooted the system and there we were with another PHYSMAP_PTOV crash. I removed it from S/L/E, remove the audio kext from 10.11, rebooted and it was ok. Reinstall the audio patch, rebooted again, audio ok. Reinstalled codecommander and crashes upon reboot.

codecommander is without a doubt the culprit in my case. Not sure why because I am sure that I am not the only one having codecommander installed.Note that the corecommander was the one edited under Yosemite. The above link suggested that it worked ok without editing. I need to investigate to see if I need to edit it under El Capitan
At least the system is working for now

It seems ok. Installed it, rebooted the system. No crashes due to PHYSMAP. Sound ok. Put the system to sleep, wake up and audio still ok.
Hopefully it will stay like that.
thanks

I have a similar problem with my aorus Z390I pro wifi. How can I fit it?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back