Contribute
Register

Reboot loop after finding kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seem to be hitting a blank when it comes to getting the original drive to boot without having to go through Unibeast. i have loaded Chimera through multibeast onto that drive but still goes into a boot loop when the unibeast isn't attached. Am i missing something obvious?

Hello again, and thanks for staying with me on this.
When you're booting from your original drive do you still have your new install drive attached?

I presume you mean the new install drive = USB Unibeast : original drive = my personal Mtn Lion install. I think at this stage, since the original boot loop started after yanking the unibeast drive, and the only way I could get out of it was to access it through the same drive after it was reattached, I am reluctant to risk a working machine without it attached at the moment unless I can be pretty sure that I can reboot easily. From what I remember my Mtn lion install did not boot when it was the only drive attached.

Hi, no that's not quite what I meant, I was referring to your post where you said;

hitting a blank when it comes to getting the original drive to boot without having to go through Unibeast. i have loaded Chimera through multibeast onto that drive but still goes into a boot loop when the unibeast isn't attached. Am i missing something obvious?

I assumed when you said original drive that you had a previously working second drive, my mistake, at the Chimera boot screen type

PCIRootUID=1

and hit return without the Unibeast drive plugged in.

I've got the same problem. Did anyone ever find a fix? I can no longer access my main OS X 10.8.4 OS or the backup.

I used Multibeast to install kexts and then rebooted and now I just get this:

Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4896 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8188064 bytes.

I installed Paragon HFS+ in windows and I still can't access the drive with MAC OS X on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back