Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Reboot loop after finding kernel. Nooooooo

I've got the CustoMac 2011. I just updated from Lion to Mountain Lion. Booted up fine. Then I ran MultiBeast with the settings in the attached screenshot.

I restart, and I can't get any boot. This is what I get without any flags:

Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 11792919 bytes.

And then it restarts. Tried -v -x -F -f UseKernelCache=No, nothing works.

If I do UseKernelCache=No, I get this:

Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4896 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8188064 bytes.

Tried rBoot, it wouldn't go into the bootloader. I get Start from CD.... and then a restart.
Tried booting off of my Unibeast USB stick from Chameleon, I get the same loading kernel reboot loop.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• MultiBeastScreenshot.jpg
    MultiBeastScreenshot.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 281
Did you solve this problem?

I am having a similar issue at the moment.

I've got the CustoMac 2011. I just updated from Lion to Mountain Lion. Booted up fine. Then I ran MultiBeast with the settings in the attached screenshot.

I restart, and I can't get any boot. This is what I get without any flags:

Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 11792919 bytes.

And then it restarts. Tried -v -x -F -f UseKernelCache=No, nothing works.

If I do UseKernelCache=No, I get this:

Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4896 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8188064 bytes.

Tried rBoot, it wouldn't go into the bootloader. I get Start from CD.... and then a restart.
Tried booting off of my Unibeast USB stick from Chameleon, I get the same loading kernel reboot loop.

Any ideas?

Hi, have you tried the PCIRootfix in multibeast?

Just tried it as a boot flag with it set PCIRootUID=1 and =0. Neither worked. Also tried a new unibeast osx on a usb stick but nothing changed. How can I use multibeast when I can't boot to any operating system?
Regards

How can I use multibeast when I can't boot to any operating system?
Regards

Sorry, my reply was a little stupid, of course you cant get to multibeast:oops:

However using that flag does the same thing, sorry it didn't work, I'll keep thinking :beachball:

edit: what boot priority have you set in bios?

I have set Usb unibeast as priority boot, but no matter what boot drive I pick from there I can't get past the startup Kernal cache. This all started when I unwittingly yanked the aforementioned usb out without much thought. I have re-installed F16 bios and followed the setup guide here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html
I have noticed all my startup drives have the UEFI prefix in bios (including the unibeast); could this be anything to do with it?

regards

Pat

Tried this fix for the uefi problem no progress, but I will keep 'hackin'

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...3602-uefi-but-no-p0-boot-option-z77-ds3h.html

Wait! Disconnected all drives except unibeast installer and dare I say it --- progress

Re-attached main drive, and although i still appears as uefi in bios I can boot from it through unibeast.
Now that i have a working machine again I will leave the usb attached until i find a longer term solution.

Just to reiterate the above link/solution worked

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back