Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm obviously being a total noob, but I am really struggling to find any useful help on this subject. All of the fixes I'm finding tell me to do things that don't make any sense, like copying files into a drive I have no access to because I cannot actually boot into my system.

So, a seemingly successful installation of El Capitan. Then it restarts automatically, and I get this error seconds before it just reboots. See attached screenshot.

I found this in "big list of solutions" -
If you only get a reboot loop when booting from the system drive (not the USB installer), try copying the USB EFI data to the system drive EFI partition.

Which tells me to:
If you can only boot from USB installer and not the system drive, boot from the USB installer to the desktop
  1. Mount both EFI partitions. Tools such as EFI Mounter v3 don't always like mounting two EFI partitions at once, so try terminal commands like this:.....
But if I boot from the USB installer, it just tries to install the OS again, and I go around in a circle back to the same problem.

Another fix says to:
  • Confirm that you've installed Clover to the system drive and selected Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP
How do I confirm that Clover has been installed?! I can't get into the system to look. How do I install Clover in the ESP?
  • Remove everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the system drive, and replace it with everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the USB drive
How do I go and remove such things when I cannot even boot into my system?

Attachments

• IMG_8616.jpg
    IMG_8616.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
How do I go and remove such things when I cannot even boot into my system?
The Kernel Panic in your picture is caused by EvOreboot.kext

Try to boot into safe mode (-x) and/or without caches (-f) in Clover and remove the kext.
To boot into Safe Mode: At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Safe Mode (-x)
To boot without caches: At Clover Boot Screen select Options and add -f to Boot Args

Thanks for your reply BreBo. But none of these work so I cannot remove the text. I found another post here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-do-i-remove-evoreboot-kext.174325/
But I don't understand because his language suggests that I am able to boot into my system. Ammulder suggests: You want to get your system drive mounted ...... How do I do that? And then he says to "run this...". But how do you do that? I assume you run the code in the terminal. But how do I access the terminal when I cannot boot?!?

to add to this, many instructions have said to "boot from usb...." If I try to boot from my usb it just starts the OSX install procedure again and I've already done that.

to add to this, many instructions have said to "boot from usb...." If I try to boot from my usb it just starts the OSX install procedure again and I've already done that.

If you have already installed MacOS to your hard disk or SSD, you can still try to boot from the Unibeast USB stick. When the Clover screen appears you can choose to boot from the hard disk partition instead of the MacOS install on the USB. I do this all the time.

I think that this is what I am having trouble doing. F12 upon start up. Then select the USB stick. Then at clover screen select the system drive.

I am trying to update/install over my current version of OSX Yosemite. I do not want to format my drive. However the guide does say something like “for a new install you must format the drive” I figured that this was only if you wanted to do a fresh install. Do you think that this has anything to do with my issue? Can you only do a fresh install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back