Contribute
Register

'Reboot and Select proper Boot device'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to try this aswell. Im having the same problem on EL Capitan.:banghead:

I run a Asus P8Z68 V-Pro and can't get it to boot from hdd. Tried multibeast a few times but does not seem to work ..

Hope this will do some good to my grumpy mood.. haha:twisted:

Are you running with latest BIOS update??

is there a solution for this yet?

i followed the guide posted previously for the EFI partition using Terminal, but i dont have the "/Extras" folder mentioned in the guide, so at this point i'm also stuck using the USB drive to boot.

also started the whole Unibeast install process a couple of times and i keep getting the same results

- hardware -
asrock z97 pro4
intel i5-4690
gt740sc

any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Same issue here. Clover UEFI, Windows on SSD1, Hackintosh El Capitan on SSD2.

-hardware-
Asrock Z77 PRO 4
Intel Core i7-3770
16GB DDR3 1600
MSI GTX980ti 6GB

hey. Not sure if this will work but might as well give it a try.
1.Boot from your usb installer.
2. On clover bootloader screen, find the icon that says either "options" or "clover options". Press enter.
3. Once in there, select the option that says "install clover options for all entries" or something like it.
4. next, exit clover, restart and boot into bios.
5. Go to 'boot' options and now you should see your hard drive (not usb) listed with UEFI option. (Example - UEFI Samsung ssd)
6. Set it as first boot option, unplug usb and reboot.

Hopefully it will work. Good luck.

Also, regarding Bluetooth.
either move the Bluetooth adapter to front usb port or use an Ethernet cable.
WiFi adapter interferes with Bluetooth.
That option ”install clover options for all entries" exists under a right click on the clover option, but doesnt fix the issue. And that link about making an EFI boot partition is broken.
Any updates?

Thanks for the detailed reply. it seemed that my EFI partition on the HD was not marked as bootable. It was originally set up via unibeast route. When I downloaded the latest clover installer and ran it, it changed the already existing EFI partition on the HD to be bootable. Clover would then boot up from the HD without having to have the USB booter disk connected. Unfortunately the settings in that new clover didnt allow the OS X to boot up, but by booting up again using the USB drive the OS x would still boot up as before and so I copied the clover directory from the EFI partition on the USB to the one on the hard drive. (The clover configurator program is useful for mounting the efi partitions) and now the HD drive boots up on its own to OS X (mojave). Still need to improve video and get audio, but progress.

Thanks. The audio is now working, I managed for find a driver and the route to install it. The video needs some work. Its OK playing mp4s and youtube but iMovie says it wont run because the video card doesn't support acceleration. It’s an Nvidia GT 555m card, so 5xx series. I saw there was an option on an old version of MultiBeast that had an option for 5xx series optimization
https://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/03/optimizing-nvidia-geforce-4xx-and-5xx.html
Not sure what version of MultiBeast that is or whether it will work on Mojave as there is no official MultiBeast for Mojave yet. I couldn't find a 5xx Nvidia driver for Mac OS.
Any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Reboot and Selection proper Boot Device" in boot Clover, fix it only option EFI (ESP) , when you do the installation on a USB flash drive and the same when, at the end of the Mojave installation, you need to select this option for the EFI to boot Mojave.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2018-12-28 в 13.46.07.png
    Снимок экрана 2018-12-28 в 13.46.07.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back