Intel HD Graphics 4600 & GTX670 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I'm stuck with a boot problem here.
Let me explain the situation.
This is the second hackintosh that i've built.
The first one was a bit of a Frankenstein with parts that i had lying around. Just to see if it works good.
It did pretty good. I had 'mac' almost for free. That's a big contrast to the macbook pro i have, which costed me about 2300 euros back in 2010.

I decided to build a new hackintosh with new parts for our studio.
I came up with the following:

- ASRock Z97X Killer MoBo
- Intel i7-4770 CPU
- GTX670 2GB GPU
- 2 x 8 GB RAM : HyperX KHX2400C11D3/8GX
- Coolermaster 500W PSU
- Samsung 850 EVO ssd
- Samsung 830 ssd
- LG BH10LS38
- SH-224 DB
- some firewire and usb 3.0 pci (e) cards

The install went pretty smooth and got it all up and running. I only did post installation with multibeast, but didn't know exactly what options to choose.
We used it a couple of months in the studio.
However i experienced some problems. The usb devices seemed to disconnect and reconnect every now and then.
Not very handy if you're in the middle in a recording session with your usb audio device, or usb midi devices.
So after a while i decided to try and fix it. I've been selecting and deselecting some options in multibeast, trying to fix it.
It did not work and after my changes. I couldn't even get my dual screen set up to work again.
I was stuck at 1 screen on the Integrated gpu from intel (Intel® HD Graphics 4600).
It was getting late so i decided to stop and not make things any worse. I left the hacktintosh for what it was and we used it for a month or so with just one screen and the USB problems.

Yesterday i decided to try and fix things again as we have a mix project that needs to be finished.
I tried to use different settings in multibeast and clover configurator again. I think i might have deleted the kexts in the EFI Clover kexts folder. Now i have managed to get the past clover bootloader on the dedicated gpu (GTX670). However it won't boot. It get's stuck at the message 'System Uptime in Nanoseconds' and then reboots.
Here is a pic of the screen i get:

Please help me out with some instructions on how to fix this.

Attachments

• IMG_1892.JPG
    IMG_1892.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 451
You used the MacPro4.1 smbios definition which is known to invoke the AppleTyMCE kext.

Delete Software/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, obviously you don't have ECC RAM like the real MacPro4,1 does, hence the KP.

Thanks! I will try to do this. Is there a way to delete this kext in the clover menu? or do i have to boot from a usb device?
What other settings/kexts/bootflags do you recommend for my set up? Maybe change my smbios definition? What do i have to do to fix the usb problem?

Thanks! I will try to do this. Is there a way to delete this kext in the clover menu? or do i have to boot from a usb device?
Boot in safe mode and you should be able to delete the offending kext (or change your system definition to one that does not use ECC RAM).

What other settings/kexts/bootflags do you recommend for my set up? Maybe change my smbios definition? What do i have to do to fix the usb problem?
Solve one problem at a time, otherwise it all becomes very confusing.

Alright! It's booting again.
However i still have problems with the gpu.
i have two screens connected with dvi to the hackintosh, however i only seem to get one working.
It doesn't work properly though, the screen seems a bit unsharp.
The one on the digital dvi port doesn't seem to work. Also, the hdmi port doesn't seem to work.
i tried updating the nvidia drivers, but it doesn't help.
What do you guys recommend me to do?

in the bios i have primary gpu to pci

What bootflags etc. do i have to enable in cloverconfigurator?

Last edited:
any more help with my problem please?

Any help with my usb problem please?

Any help with my usb problem please?
It has been nine months since you last posted in this thread, what problems do you have with your USB ?

My USB devices; audio interface, MIDI keyboard, MIDI controller, mouse/keyboard are disconnecting & reconnecting (randomly). My mouse for example is stuttering as if it’s battery is empty, but it’s not.

i am still running El Capitan on this mackintosh. Should i update it? can this help fixing my usb problems? I read on several sites that El capitan is giving usb 2/3 troubles.
I don't know what to do. Can you guys point me in the right direction?
The most problematic is my usb audio interface (audience id22) which I just don't get to work anymore.
Besides that, my other usb devices are still disconnecting/reconnecting every couple of minutes.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back