Contribute
Register

Realtek to Intel LAN Motherboard - Update Kext/Reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Phantom Gaming - ITX/TB3
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
RX 570
Hello,

I'm new here and just built my first hackintosh. Got all the compatible parts and everything is running great BUT I didn't realize my motherboard doesn't support Thunderbolt 3 til it was too late. I am using my hackintosh for music composition and production and my audio interface is thunderbolt. Being new to this I didn't realize that I didn't just need a USB-C port, it needed to specifically be thunderbolt 3. Doh! So now I need to get a new motherboard that supports thunderbolt 3.

My current Asus x570 TUF GAMING motherboard has Realtek LAN and requires Realtek Kext.
My new motherboard - Asrock X570 Pro has Intel LAN and will require Intel Kext.
Is there a simple way to update the kexts with the new motherboard, or do I need to erase Mojave with the Realtek Kext and do a complete reinstall of Mojave with the Intel Kext?

Thank you!

Hello,

I'm new here and just built my first hackintosh. Got all the compatible parts and everything is running great BUT I didn't realize my motherboard doesn't support Thunderbolt 3 til it was too late. I am using my hackintosh for music composition and production and my audio interface is thunderbolt. Being new to this I didn't realize that I didn't just need a USB-C port, it needed to specifically be thunderbolt 3. Doh! So now I need to get a new motherboard that supports thunderbolt 3.

My current Asus x570 TUF GAMING motherboard has Realtek LAN and requires Realtek Kext.
My new motherboard - Asrock X570 Pro has Intel LAN and will require Intel Kext.
Is there a simple way to update the kexts with the new motherboard, or do I need to erase Mojave with the Realtek Kext and do a complete reinstall of Mojave with the Intel Kext?

Thank you!

Hi there.

I'll move this post to the correct place.

No need to re-install. Just use MultiBeast to install the correct Intel LAN kext.

The Realtek one will be ignored if there isn't Realtek hardware onboard. However if you want to remove it you can, as long as you rebuild the kext caches once you've done that. To do this just enter the command:

sudo kextcache -i /

... in Terminal.

:)

Thank you so much for your quick and clear response!

Hello,

I just got the new motherboard set up and tried installing the intel drivers in multibeast but none of them seem to work. I've tried each one. Any advice is much appreciated.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks for your response. I downloaded this and put it in my kexts folder but still not working...am I missing something? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back