Intel Core i7 4770
Graphics
Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I have succesfully installed OS X 10.9 Mavericks on my hackintosh. Everything is working, except for the onboard network card being a little unstable.
I use the comlnx2mac kext from Multibeast, which I have been using since 10.7.x. Although this kext had an issue with getting IP-address from DHCP when the cable was connected after the system has started up.
I have done a fresh installation of my system so that it will be clean and ready for Mavericks.
Now in Mavericks I use the exact same kext from the new Multibeast 6.0 installer and it works with the same issue as before, which I have found out that a lot of other people also have. The only issue I have is that if the computer is in idle for some time (not sleeping) it looses network connectivity and I have to shut down and boot the machine again. A restart go unplugging the cable will not fix it. This also happens after the computer has been sleeping.

Does anyone know when this kext will be updated or replaced by something else? Is there a way to fix the issue I have by using the current kext?

I have a z68x-ud3h-b3 mobo, and i can confirm that the network with Lnx2Mac drivers are unstable.
After fresh install and installing drivers i always get no connection after booting osx, after a while ( 1min+ )
the network starts working or i have to reboot it few times to get it working.

Anybody with similar problems?

Yes i am also have unstable issues with new atheros driver from multi beast. doesn't connect right away on start up and is unstable at time. NEVER had a problem with 10.8.5 and previous multi beast. does any one know if the atheros kext from multi beast 5.5 will work with mavericks?

Same problem with GA-Z87M-D3H, i5-4670K, EVGA GTX 650. I switched to the AppleRTL8169 driver because I didn't get anything with the Lnx2Mac's driver. I'll get about 5 minutes of connect time, then I lose IP address. Defaults to 169.xxx.xxx.xxx ip address. Gigabyte lists the card as a Realtek® GbE LAN chip. Everything else is working fine.

Is there a way to go back to 10.8.5?

I also I have problems. I use a Z68MA-D2H-B3. Slow internet access, downloads very LAG. If I try from W7 I have this problem: (

I am using Realtek RTL8111 driver from mieze (you can google a bit on where to download). It worked well since 10.8.4 till 10.9.
My motherboard is as per my signature.

If you provide feedback to Mieze, then that will help for the updated version :thumb up:
I use the same kext on one of my 10.8 test installs - I have not yet tried it with 10.9

Adrian B

I am using Realtek RTL8111 driver from mieze (you can google a bit on where to download). It worked well since 10.8.4 till 10.9.
My motherboard is as per my signature.

I can confirm this in 10.8.5 and now will put in my 10.9

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back