Contribute
Register

Realtek RTL8xxx network unstable in OS X 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this log

10/30/13 9:13:08.556 AM com.apple.kextcache[226]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext"

10/30/13 11:46:04.959 AM mDNSResponder[44]: ActivateLocalProxy: IOServiceOpen for en0/IOEthernetInterface/AppleRTL8169Ethernet failed -536870174

I don't know if this makes any sense, or helps out.

My network stays up and doesn't drop when using the Apple driver however with BOTH drivers, I get the problem of extremely slow network transfer. It looks like there's some sort of issue with multiplexing a connection to a specific IP. Let's say I'm transferring files to a NFS server. The throughput is very low and if I ping the NFS server at that time, I get >1000ms latency in random shots. When no files are transferring, it is fine. However, if I were to ping www.google.com during the transfer, that is fine. Weird issue. This does not happen in Lion only in Mavericks.

Same issue here. Ethernet is Realtek 8112L. I've tried both of the Multibeast 6 kexts, and I'm only getting 2 minutes connectivity when I boot. Will there be an updated kext released? I'm going to need to downgrade from 10.9 to 10.8 if I can't sort this out soon.

Thanks for everyone's hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back