Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I recently installed Snow Leopard on my Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3 (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3882#sp).
The graphics and audio are working flawlessly but I can't get my Ethnernet Card to work.

The problem should be that I have installed all 3 Network Driver out of MultiBeast so it is time to clean them up. I allready tried to delete some kext files but I am not soure if I deleted them all so it would be nice if anybody can tell me how I can get a clean installation without any ethernet drivers left so I can install Lnx2Mac's Driver.

I allready tried to install the Lnx2Max's Driver and it says that it would remove conflicting files but it still does not work so I think that there are some wrong kexts left.

The System-Profiler says that there is no PCI Ethernet Card installed so maybe this is not the only problem? First I have tried to install it with EasyBeast 3.8.0. but the graphics didn't work so I downloaded an aml file to try it with USERDST. That's when the graphics started to work.
The aml database contains two aml files for my mainboard:
F1 and F2
I tried F2 ...

Thank you!

First off what version is your bios? You should see the version number on the first screen at POST time. You must get the right version file to match you bios version.

I am surprised that you are having so many issues with an addin PCI ethernet card. Most of the good ones "just work" when you open the Network preference pane and set it up. Onboard ethernet can be a bear to get right, but the add in card route is usually pretty easy. Maybe a new install with just the kexts that you need is the way to go...

So my BIOS is at version F1.
Would an installation of the F1.aml conflict with the previous F2.aml?

And excuse me, I do not have an PCI Ethernet card - it is an Onboard Chip :)

But that's not the only problem. I can not boot Windows 7 anymore it keeps telling me that the BOOTMGR is missing. Is it correct that I get this failure because I have installed Windows 7 with IDE settings and now MacOs with AHCPI? Even though it does not boot when I set it back to IDE. And somehow I cant restore the MBR with my Windows 7 CD because it tells me that this is the wrong version òÓ

// edit:
After I have detached my OSX HDD I could boot Windwos 7 with some help by the Win7 CD ;)
But my Ethernet on OSX is still not working :(

nphs,

Use my RTL81xx v0.0.90 (Download from my blog, don't use the one in MultiBeast)... That should solve your Ethernet issues.

I allready tried that version - the problem is still not solved :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back