i7 2600K
Graphics
MSI GT 1030
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I've just completed my first Hackintosh build using a new old-stock H61 motherboard with on-board Realtek LAN, a Core i7 2600K and macOS Sierra 10.12.6. I followed the September 2017 installation instructions, using the latest UniBeast and MultiBeast downloads and the Install macOS Sierra application from my MacBook Pro. After the installation I used MultiBeast to set up the Realtek Audio and LAN, the Intel HD 3000 graphics and Sandy Bridge Core i7 SSDT. Immediately after running MultiBeast I noticed that the LAN was working but after rebooting without the USB stick it didn't.

Investigating, I saw that Audio and HD 3000 graphics acceleration were both working but I discovered that there was a permissions issue with the RealtekRTL8111.kext which, it turned out, was owned by my user when it ought to have been owned by root. Had I been running an older version of the OS I would have used Disk Utility to repair permissions but Sierra doesn't offer that option so I opened Terminal and typed:

sudo chown -R 0 /Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8111.kext

After rebooting I had Ethernet :)

Last edited:
You're welcome. I have quite a lot of experience with real Macs and Linux so I'm not daunted by the command line, but I'm very close to the bottom of the learning curve when it comes to Hackintoshes so I'm pleased that my very first post was helpful to someone. The thing that puzzles me is why MultiBeast didn't set the permissions correctly in the first place.

This worked for me in 2018!!! why can't the MultiBeast people fix this!!!!

Oddly, this solved my problem even though doing an "ls -l" in the Extensions directory showed identical permissions on all files!

Thanks a million for this easy fix!

the utter magic of elegant simplicity

ta very

You're welcome. I have quite a lot of experience with real Macs and Linux so I'm not daunted by the command line, but I'm very close to the bottom of the learning curve when it comes to Hackintoshes so I'm pleased that my very first post was helpful to someone. The thing that puzzles me is why MultiBeast didn't set the permissions correctly in the first place.
I typed that and it’s asking for password with no way to type it

it's invisible, just type in your password and press enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back