Contribute
Register

Realtek RTL 8188CE

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he can make a try.He can download the driver for 8188CUS,extract the kext with pacifist , edit info.plist and change idProduct and idVendor with id`s of his card.

RTL8188CUS is USB type.

I have not seen single OS X driver on Realtek download page for mini PCIe based cards.

nikstar said:
I am afraid there is no driver for this card for MacOSX yet. You should buy the Atheros card.

Do you know if the Atheros AR5B95 works in the 4530s? I pulled one from another laptop, but it won't work in my DV7. It is apparently whitelisted, and I'd have to figure out how to modify the bios to use it. Not sure I want to do that, so if possible, I'd like to put it in a 4530s that I have on order.

eleron said:
At least he can make a try.He can download the driver for 8188CUS,extract the kext with pacifist , edit info.plist and change idProduct and idVendor with id`s of his card.
yuo can help me rlt 8188ce?

Share your ioreg. Use IORegestryExplorer and File->Save As...

Update:
I found lspci output with your Wi-Fi from linux.
Your card will not work on Mac OS, sorry.

juzeksdb said:
eleron said:
yuo can help me rlt 8188ce?
What part of that card will not work do you understand? You have to change cards. Period. End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back