Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i7-7500U / i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD620 / AMD Radeon HD7770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Am I right in thinking there's still no way of getting an internal Realtek PCI Card Reader to work with Sierra? Does anyone know if any drivers that are in development? It's no big deal as I have a SDXC to USB adapter and don't use it that often, but it'd be wonderful to be able to get my laptop working to 100% compatibility at some point.

Am I right in thinking there's still no way of getting an internal Realtek PCI Card Reader to work with Sierra? Does anyone know if any drivers that are in development? It's no big deal as I have a SDXC to USB adapter and don't use it that often, but it'd be wonderful to be able to get my laptop working to 100% compatibility at some point.
c'mon experts! what's the verdict?

c'mon experts! what's the verdict?

You might find some ongoing efforts with google.

You might find some ongoing efforts with google.
Have looked but there doesn't seem to be much apart from vague references to people working on stuff, hence me reaching out on here. What's a forum for if not asking for help/opinions right?

Have looked but there doesn't seem to be much apart from vague references to people working on stuff, hence me reaching out on here. What's a forum for if not asking for help/opinions right?

Like I said, I've heard of people working on kexts (eg. update to VoodooSDHC), but it doesn't interest me, so haven't looked into the details.

Note: Bumping a thread not allowed in less than 24hr period. Please read the rules (you already agreed to them): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day.

Thanks for making this post, also my Realtek PCIE Card reader is working (RTS5287). I have the same issues as everyone else, but that is a driver issue that will hopefully be resolved soon.

Thanks for making this post, also my Realtek PCIE Card reader is working (RTS5287). I have the same issues as everyone else, but that is a driver issue that will hopefully be resolved soon.
Sweet! Really happy this driver now exists and that most people seem to be finding success with it :)

Didn't work for me (0x520910EC).
Thanks for sharing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back