Contribute
Register

Realtek ethernet getting IP, no internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, had already started with installation. So same thing happened during installation as well. Tried to sign in, but the response never came.

Had to start without internet only. Fresh install, back to same problem again :|

Tried changing the dns server to google, manually changing the IP, still no internet.

Check your system.log for clues/logs from the driver.

can this be kext issue in any way?
3.jpg

sorry, missed your post. will do that now. Above ive posted my verbose while booting.

You can also contact Mieze with your logs.
ok, I have posted it in his thread as well. NO response yet. Also, there was another person with same issue. I did not see him finding any solution as well.

Thanks for your help. I'll PM him I guess, interim I guess I'll have to order a compatible usb wifi. This might take a while :)

ok, I have posted it in his thread as well. NO response yet. Also, there was another person with same issue. I did not see him finding any solution as well.

Thanks for your help. I'll PM him I guess, interim I guess I'll have to order a compatible usb wifi. This might take a while :)

FYI: Mieze is a "her".

Don't be too focussed on one end of the problem.
Try changing the network cable, power cycle the router and check your firewall settings.
Try with firewall disabled until you get things working.

Try changing the network cable, power cycle the router and check your firewall settings.

+1 ...

And another thing. Test with Windows first.

Note: Mieze would tell you that if you're getting an IP through DHCP, the driver/hardware is working and that your problem is elsewhere. And I think she'd be right.

cables, router has to be ok because i have windows 10, mint on the same laptop working perfectly.

can firewall be the issue? I mean, its a fresh install and all I am trying to ping is google. Anyways I'll check that out as well.

Adding the system.log for the curious mind:)

Edit: Firewall is off.

Attachments

• system.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 55
Adding the system.log for the curious mind:)

There is these items, but Mieze would be better at understanding...

Code:
Jun 20 13:08:34 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: Using interrupt mitigate value 0x0.
Jun 20 13:08:34 localhost kernel[0]: unknown chip version (54000000)
Jun 20 13:19:18 shwetas-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: Tx timeout. Lost interrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back