Contribute
Register

Realtek Audio problems (past month or so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Radon RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning,
About a month, month and a half ago my audio stopped working. I'm not sure what happened (possible Clover update), but i have been trying troubleshooting steps to no avail, specifically this thread. The problem I'm running into, is that when I run IORegistryExplorer, alc-layout-id is missing, and therefore my standard audio output is not there.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.22.06 AM.png

Bit of a history lesson, before Catalina, and the advent of WhateverGreen and Lilu, I was running Toledos method of running a script that patched the AppleHDA and it worked fine, but every time a update came out, or close to, I had to run the script again. A bit of a hassle, but it worked. Part of that was also to "Rename HDAS to HDEF" to patch my DSDT. According to that thread, it may not be necessary any more to patch the DSDT, as it should be done automatically. I disabled that patch, and I still see HDEF in IORRegistryExplorer, so it would appear that I no longer need to do that patch.

So now, I'm running Lilu, which had been working fantastically since I switched to Catalina, until last month. Short of moving to OpenCore, I'm not sure what the issue is, or how to fix it.

All my kexts are in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other. I am currently running Clover 5122

Kexts loaded from that folder are:

44276:900 0:000 Preparing kexts injection from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
44276:900 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\DAGPM.kext (v.1.0.0)
44276:900 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VirtualSMC.kext (v.1.1.7)
44276:901 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCProcessor.kext (v.1.1.7)
44276:901 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCBatteryManager.kext (v.1.1.7)
44276:901 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.4.3)
44276:902 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCSuperIO.kext (v.1.1.7)
44276:903 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelMausiEthernet.kext (v.2.3.0)
44276:903 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.5.3)
44276:909 0:006 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.4.8)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Good morning,
About a month, month and a half ago my audio stopped working. I'm not sure what happened (possible Clover update), but i have been trying troubleshooting steps to no avail, specifically this thread. The problem I'm running into, is that when I run IORegistryExplorer, alc-layout-id is missing, and therefore my standard audio output is not there.

View attachment 491688

Bit of a history lesson, before Catalina, and the advent of WhateverGreen and Lilu, I was running Toledos method of running a script that patched the AppleHDA and it worked fine, but every time a update came out, or close to, I had to run the script again. A bit of a hassle, but it worked. Part of that was also to "Rename HDAS to HDEF" to patch my DSDT. According to that thread, it may not be necessary any more to patch the DSDT, as it should be done automatically. I disabled that patch, and I still see HDEF in IORRegistryExplorer, so it would appear that I no longer need to do that patch.

So now, I'm running Lilu, which had been working fantastically since I switched to Catalina, until last month. Short of moving to OpenCore, I'm not sure what the issue is, or how to fix it.

All my kexts are in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other. I am currently running Clover 5122

Kexts loaded from that folder are:

44276:900 0:000 Preparing kexts injection from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
44276:900 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\DAGPM.kext (v.1.0.0)
44276:900 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VirtualSMC.kext (v.1.1.7)
44276:901 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCProcessor.kext (v.1.1.7)
44276:901 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCBatteryManager.kext (v.1.1.7)
44276:901 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.4.3)
44276:902 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SMCSuperIO.kext (v.1.1.7)
44276:903 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelMausiEthernet.kext (v.2.3.0)
44276:903 0:000 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.5.3)
44276:909 0:006 ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.4.8)

Any advice would be appreciated.
make sure you have not patched your AppleHDA.kext as AppleALC.kext will not work

make sure you have not patched your AppleHDA.kext as AppleALC.kext will not work

I haven't done anything to AppleHDA that I'm aware of. I didn't change anything in my config.plist, so its sort of a mystery as to why it stopped working. Either a Clover update or MacOS update.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.9 KB · Views: 48
I haven't done anything to AppleHDA that I'm aware of. I didn't change anything in my config.plist, so its sort of a mystery as to why it stopped working. Either a Clover update or MacOS update.
you haven't added in the new properties for your audio

be best to check over:

and use hackintool to create the appropriate config.plist entries

you haven't added in the new properties for your audio

be best to check over:

and use hackintool to create the appropriate config.plist entries
Like I initially said, I followed that guide (the exact link I provided), but I can't get any further, because alc-layout-id is missing from the IO Registry. I've tried changing the injection to pretty much every number, using detect, and no, an alc-layout-id is always missing.

Like I initially said, I followed that guide (the exact link I provided), but I can't get any further, because alc-layout-id is missing from the IO Registry. I've tried changing the injection to pretty much every number, using detect, and no, an alc-layout-id is always missing.
because you haven't added the necessary pci devices, that is why it is not working, you should have something like:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>a number that works for your setup</integer>
            </dict>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back