Contribute
Register

Realtek ALC283 in haswell CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

It looks ok. I think if you were using patched AppleHDA, it would be working.

It looks like VoodooHDA is trying to handle it, but (maybe) AppleHDA is getting in the way? You could remove AppleHDA to test that theory, but again I'm not sure on it as I don't use VoodooHDA.

Well, the results in HDMI audio are the same with appleHDA.kext removed from the extensions folder.
In fact, the only reason that i have to use voodoo is because with appleHDA the integrated microphone doesn't work.
If you can explain me how to enable microphone and switch the audio output to HDMI, i think it could work. Because with appleHDA without voodoo i don't have the option to select the HDMI audio output.

Well, the results in HDMI audio are the same with appleHDA.kext removed from the extensions folder.
In fact, the only reason that i have to use voodoo is because with appleHDA the integrated microphone doesn't work.
If you can explain me how to enable microphone and switch the audio output to HDMI, i think it could work. Because with appleHDA without voodoo i don't have the option to select the HDMI audio output.

There are probably specific requirements in the layout files used by patched AppleHDA. You would need to find a better patched AppleHDA or patch your own using one of the (many) guides available.

Well, i passed last sunday following some guides to patch AppleHDA manually, but none of them makes to work my hdmi audio.
My main problems is that i don't understand how hdmi audio works.
i don't know if it uses the motherboard audio (ALC283) or if the processor has some audio chipset used to hdmi audio...
As you can see, my comprehension is not very good.

Well, i passed last sunday following some guides to patch AppleHDA manually, but none of them makes to work my hdmi audio.
My main problems is that i don't understand how hdmi audio works.
i don't know if it uses the motherboard audio (ALC283) or if the processor has some audio chipset used to hdmi audio...
As you can see, my comprehension is not very good.

HDMI audio requires:
- patches to the graphics framebuffer (connector tables). the patch is dependent on the ig-platform-id you're using.
- device at address 0x00030000 must be (re)named HDAU (it is commonly B0D3 in PC DSDT/SSDTs)
- "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" injection on HDEF/HDAU/IGPU objects
- potential patches to AppleHDAController if device-id for HDAU doesn't match what it is expecting
- AppleHDA must have a layout file that allows for HDMI-audio (don't know the details here)

Hello again and for last time in this thread.
First of all, as you can imagine. I've been able to switch on the HDMI audio in a HD4400 and i'm so proud of it.
Finally, i made my own AppleHDA.kext specifically for my hardware configuration but if anyone is doing some similar, here are the URL of the guide i've followed and some tips for those newbies in this world like me.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1946-complete-applehda-patching-guide/

Tips
- To write the "Config Data" in the file Info.plist you need a plist editor because "TextEdit" don't encode the value to BASE64

- You need to do all steps

- The input PathMaps are calculated with the same method like output PathMaps but the order are the inverse.

- Don't patch AppleHDA binary, use another already patched.

- To patch HD4400 use the following script:
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh

Thanks to RehabMan for your help and for your patience with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back