Contribute
Register

Realtek ALC233 Apple HDA No Mic & Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the Intel HDA spec so you understand how to use hda-verb...
Could you please narrow it down for me? And tell me what to do. What verbs or commands to send?

Could you please narrow it down for me? And tell me what to do. What verbs or commands to send?

Unfortunately, it requires a background in AppleHDA patching, and knowledge of the Intel HDA spec. It is not easy and you shouldn't expect a silver bullet fix.

Note that there is already configuration data for ALC233 in CodecCommander.kext...

Unfortunately, it requires a background in AppleHDA patching, and knowledge of the Intel HDA spec. It is not easy and you shouldn't expect a silver bullet fix.

Note that there is already configuration data for ALC233 in CodecCommander.kext...
Actually I have alc 3236. Both are quite similar. And I know about HDA patching. I have done it in the past. Please assist me.

Actually I have alc 3236. Both are quite similar. And I know about HDA patching. I have done it in the past. Please assist me.

Read post #64. Perhaps you will have better questions after you gain some background knowledge.

@RehabMan I really don't know how to thank you. I have now successfully fixed this issue.
This line gave me a hint. I went through the info.plist file and saw there were two verb-commands for ALC 283 & Others
All I need to do is send those commands whenever I replug headsets.
The command is: hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25 (0x19 being the node address)

The good thing about it is you can send the commands anytime. After sleep too. I have made a executable script and copied it to /usr/bin
Code:
#!/bin/bash
hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25            
echo -e "Done"
I'm left with one question. Isn't there a way to execute this code automatically every time we replug headsets?
Thanks a ton!

Also, what is your say on the idea that we make an apple script and loop it to run every 5 mins?

Will it be a good implementation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back