Contribute
Register

Realtek ALC1220 (S1220A) Owner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not able to get the voodooHDA 2.8.9 to work for me with my asus tuf mark 2 -- i get the same "Digital-Out (HDMI)" issue, but no sound comes out the ports

Have you checked if your line outs are working? I do not have HDMI audio working but I do have sound from the Line outs.

Before installing the VoodooHDA 2.8.9 kext I had no options for sound whatsoever so its better than nothing for me for now

well, I am not sure whats happening.

I've had to reboot a couple of times, once it showed up and worked, listed my outputs and even the optical output. I used it for about an hour, then had to reboot, and it was gone.

have rebooted a couple more times now and it has not come back

Have you checked if your line outs are working? I do not have HDMI audio working but I do have sound from the Line outs.

Before installing the VoodooHDA 2.8.9 kext I had no options for sound whatsoever so its better than nothing for me for now

I have exactly the same problem. Installed voodooHDA 2.8.9.

Line outs have sound, but no HDMI Audio.

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

No, Im sill in the same boat! I have kinda conceded defeat on this for now tbh until the announcement by apple in June.

There is a thread on here somewhere regarding HDMI audio. I have not attempted any of the fixes but it may be worth a look if you really need HDMI audio.

Voodoo does not support Intel HDMI audio.

Thanks for the follow-up Toleda.

Could you please point me in the right direction on how I can get this to work?

This Hackintosh build is for a dedicated HTPC, so getting HDMI Audio working is essential.

Many thanks in advance.

See
getting HDMI Audio working is essential.
This is a ALC1220 thread, off topic.
Note: no native macOS/Kaby Lake/HD630 support currently
The Skylake/FakePCIID solution may work, try HDMI Audio AppleHDA/cloverHDMI. Post to the linked thread.

Last edited:
See

This is a ALC1220 thread, off topic.
Note: no native macOS/Kaby Lake/HD630 support currently
The Skylake/FakePCIID solution may work, try HDMI Audio AppleHDA/cloverHDMI. Post to the linked thread.

Thanks for the followup Toleda.

So, is HDMI Audio not related to the audio chip (ALC1220) in my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back